Dinner With Lilly

Start from the beginning

She's right.

"What did they say?" I wrap my hands around my bottle of water but never bring it up to my mouth.

"They demanded I get a restraining order against her."

"So... Does that mean you're never going back to Jesse's?" Zoe questions. "From what you guys have told me, he's not going to stop her from going there."

"I honestly don't know." Bianca shrugs. "All I know is that, that girl is... I don't trust her."

She seems to have really changed. A part of me can't help but believe her. It feels naive and stupid but it's there.

"You could at least tell Lilly." Bianca suggests.

"No, nope," I violently shake my head. "She's pregnant. I can't stress her out. Besides, this is too big, she'd just tell mom and dad."

"Of course."

"Can we change the topic?" I look between my friends, sitting around the round table in Expresso.

"How're things between you and Maxie?" Peyton grins, turning to Bianca.

That was quick.

"Uhm..." Bianca shrugs. "I think he likes someone else."

"What?" Peyton's face scrunches up into a frown. "No."

"Mmm hmm..." Bianca nods.

"Who is it?" Peyton looks between the two of us. "I'm sure she's boring and sucks and no way is her heart as big as yours and she's definitely not as smart as you are."

"Oh no, she's amazing." Bianca sighs. "It's Priya."

"Priya as in the girl that had Maya thinking it was over for her?"

"What? I did... What... No..." I gasp.

"Yes, that same Priya."

"I'm not sure I like this girl." Peyton shakes her head and throws some chips into her mouth.

"It's not her fault." I defend. "Max is just blind, stupid and blind."

"I think it's time you get over him." Peyton puts her hand over Bianca's and gives her a small smile.

"I..."

"I can help you. I know plenty of cute guys and girls you would totally hit it off with."

My eyes focus on Bianca. I don't think she wants someone else but Peyton has a point. It's either she gathers up the courage to tell Max how she feels or she moves on. Waiting for him doesn't seem like it'll be fruitful. It's like, he's always looking anywhere but at her.

"You know what I don't understand?" We all focus on Pey once more.

"What?" Zoe asks.

"If Jesse loves this girl as much as you say he seems to do, why does he cheat on her?"

I finally bring my bottle of water to my lips, the question sounding a bit too heavy for me. Zoe merely shrugs and focuses on her sandwich.

***

Lilly texted me half an hour after my last class, inviting Mason and I to dinner.

As per her instructions, we are now waiting in the lobby of my residential building, for her to come and pick us up. I offered to drive to the hotel but she refused.

"This will be nice." Mason says, taking my hand in his.

"Yeah, dinner with two of my favourite people." I smile and lay my head on his shoulder.