[ 3 ]

❤︎

good thing it was the last day for volleyball tryouts. i walked into the second gym and saw people warming up. none of them seemed new- i can't be the only new person PLS.

some really pretty girl with fairly short hair approached me. "hello, i am the captain and middle blocker for the girls volleyball club. my name is goro etsuko" she said with a smile while extending her arm for a handshake.

we shook hands and then i realized everyone else was coming over to me. "u-um can i call you suko-senpai?" i muttered. her face lit up from joy. she must really like being called senpai.

"so are you here to try out?" some grey headed girl asked me. i nodded and looked down. why am i so nervous?

"what position do you play?" the captain asked. "i'm an all rounder ig" her eyes widened. "really?! i've never met an all rounder before!"

i was about to reply dryly but they grey headed girl told me to go get changed. i messaged suna and told him that i was about to try out and that he can bring whoever he wants. big mistake.

mf brought the whole volleyball team. i rolled my eyes and gave suna a sarcastic smile.

"so we will be playing a two vs three match-"

"what?! nobody else had to do this before!"

"no no no, its fine. i have a lot of energy anyways" i said softly. it was me and their ace vs their captain, libero and setter. this should be fun. i started stretching while getting to know their ace.

then the whistle blew- where tf did the coach come from?! "junya-san? just warning you. you have to read my movements because i dont talk when i play. you can talk to me though" i said with a slight smile. probably scared her.

i tied my wavy hair up, revealing the lime green color that coated the bottom layer of my hair. the captain decided to serve first. i watched her foot movements closely. she was focusing her weight onto the tips of her toes so adjusted my stance.

she did a jump float serve right into the empty corner. i dug it up with ease and sent it to the middle of the court. junya-san received it but it didn't go very high. i ran to where the ball was falling and set it to her.

she slammed the ball down on the other side but they didn't even try to get it. i walked up to the net and waved in front of the captains face. "helloooo?" she snapped out of it and started stuttering.

"y-you were just- then you were- how- i didn't even- how did you-"

then some boy from the boys team started shouting, "how did you do that so fast?!" shut up wannabe sangwoo.

i rolled my eyes and got the ball. i did a jump float serve that nobody was able to receive. "you're in! you're in!" the coach shouted. i gave her a confused look but she shrugged it off.

"wait! we haven't seen her spike or block yet" the libero whined. okay?

"okay we can just have miko set to her and after she can block one of ojiro-san's spikes" i choked on my water. she wants me to block one of those monster spikes.

next thing i know ojiro-senpai's standing right next to me. i jumped a little because i didn't realize he was there already.

"hey don't you think that's a little harsh-" akagi started but suna cut him off. "we both know she'll block it. the problem is weather or not her hands will be okay" his team looked at him weird.

"i still don't know how you met my cousin" akagi said while thinking of only the dirty possibilities. "she sits next to me in class. you know, she told everyone to leave her be because she is one with the shadows." he said ignoring the stares of his fellow teammates.

"IS SUNARIN IN LOVEEE?!" atsumu shouted ticking me off.

"oi! close your loud mouth you cheap quality, overpriced sangwoo life sized doll!" i snapped. the girls stared at me in shock while the boys started laughing. the piss haired boy mumbled ungodly things under his breath in embarrassment.

miko set the ball for me and i let out all my frustrations. it left a heavy black mark on the court but that's none of my concern.i quickly went on the other side of the net, wanting to get it over with.

"ojiro don't hold back" suna said with a smirk. "no! suna stop!" i said in slight panick. "you'll be fine you big baby"

i huffed in annoyance. i got prepared and he went for it. my mind went blank and jumped based on my reflexes. next thing i know i feel a burning sensation on my hands.

"see? my instincts are on point" suna said cockily.

————————
happy birthday suna❤️