xxxii

cynthia's pov

i woke up the next morning on a rather uncomfortable air mattress with jahseh laying next to me. light shone through the tent, telling me that it was finally morning. i could hear the faint voices of the boys from their tents.

"hey jahseh," i whispered, poking his arm. he stirred a little bit before waking up and turning to face me.

"what?" he mumbled.

"it's morning, sleepyhead. time to get up."

"what if i don't wanna get up?" he asked.

"come on, jah. we really shouldn't waste time." i insisted.

"maybe we could stay in here..." he said, trailing off. he lifted himself up so he was on top of me. his eyes stared straight into mine.

"we cant do that jahseh," i whined, placing a hand on his chest.

"oh why not? baby, i know you want to." he said seductively as he began peppering kisses along my neck.

"the others are going to hear us..." i whispered.

"that's what makes it exciting." he replied lowly. as much as i would have liked to, we couldn't do this. not here. not now.

"really jahseh. we can't." i stated, applying pressure onto his chest as a way of telling him to get off. he complied, rolling off of me and flopping down on the mattress.

i got up and walked over to my bag to find something to wear. i eventually settled on the mesh shirt april had suggested that i kept, a black bralette, and a pair of ripped black shorts.

i changed in front of jahseh; a part of me wanted to tease him a bit because he knew he couldn't get anything from me. i heard him groan behind me.

"you okay?" i asked, smirking as i looked over my shoulder.

"babygirl, you're driving me crazy."

"that's what i do best." i slipped on the bralette and the mesh top tucking the bottom into my shorts.

"you're lucky we are with the boys right now or i would do so many things to you..." he told me as he got up from his spot on the mattress and began getting changed himself.

"aww is someone sexually frustrated?" i mocked him jokingly.

"you make me this way." he pouted as he jumped around, trying to pull up his pants.

"i'll make sure to give you a little something before you leave for tour..." i mentioned to him. he simply smirked at me and continued getting dressed.

we came out of the tent together and noticed that everyone was already out of their tents.

"look who decided to show up" coolie said as jahseh stood next to him.

"whats the move for today?" jahseh asked.

"well theirs not many artists we want to see today, so we were probably going to just hang out for most of the time." stokeley answered, taking a bite from his apple. this boy always eating something.

"you know, we all are really glad you decided to come. even though we poke fun a lot, we all really enjoy your company." said stokeley.

"i should be the one thanking you guys. you've all changed my life so much within the past few months and i'm so grateful." i replied with a smile. he immediately brought me in for a hug

"we all love you cynthia."

"i love you guys too."

—————————————————

"they were so good though!" isaiah laughed as we walked back to our campsite. we had watched a few rappers and then decided to explore the area around the festival.

jahseh and i ended up getting lost in the woods for around an hour until coolie could find us and pull us back into the main trail. i ended falling numerous times over the roots of trees and scraping my legs up. i learned my lesson; jahseh wasn't very good at directions and was not suited to explore the woods.

"aye y'all, we'll be back." jahseh yelled as he grabbed my hand, leading me down another path in the woods.

"what? where are we going?" i asked him confused.

"my secret hideawayyyy" he giggles as he quickened his walking. he then turned and led me back into the woods and through the trees.

"seriously? the woods again? we already got lost once." i whined, tightening my grip on his hand as i stepped over a fallen tree.

"i know my way around shawty." he insisted. i wasn't convinced. i could hear water crashing in the distance as he continued to pull me through the woods.

"can you slow down? my legs cant keep up with your long ass ones." i huffed.

he continued leading me until we came to a breakage in the trees. there lay a small pond with a decently sized waterfall.

"supriseeee shawty" he exclaimed with his arms outstretched.

"okay, i'll admit it. this is definitely worth getting dragged through the woods." i told him, "maybe we could make this our spot"

"what should we call out?" he asked, looking my way.

"i dont know maybe yosemite"

"you cant copy a national park," he laughed

"what about make out hill?" he suggested, looking at me for approval.

i nodded my head, and smiled. i loved that name, and now we have a spot to call ours.

"yeah, see? i know what i'm doing. now come on, let's have some fun." he said as he ran over to the end of the water bank.

"jahseh, we don't have any swim suits." i told him slowly walking over to him.

"who says we need swim suits?" he questioned. he immediately began stripping off his clothes until he was down to his boxers.

"don't make me pull you in here with your clothes on." jahseh teased.

"ugh fine. only because it's hot out here." i pulled off my clothing until i was just in my underwear and ran into the water. i swam out to where jahseh was. the water wasn't too deep; it only went up to my chest.

"come here." jahseh told me. i pushed through the water until i got closer to him. i was expecting something romantic from him, but instead he started splashing water on me.

"what the fuck jah?" i asked, frustrated. i started splashing him back as we both laughed. i tried getting away from him but he was much faster than me. he flipped me around so i was facing him and held me tightly.

"you make zero sense jahseh..." i laughed.

"and why's that?" he asked amused.

"because one minute you're splashing me with water and the next you're holding onto me for dear life." i giggled.

that's because i love you." i placed a light kiss on his lips and smiled.

"i love you too."

this time, he kissed me with a little more passion. i wrapped my legs around his waist as he held onto me. i bit gently on his bottom lip before pulling away.

"you're so damn fine when you do that." i smirked at him and leaned in to kiss his neck. i felt powerful having him wrapped around my finger like this.

the other decided not to ask any questions when he came back to the campsite hours later with our bodies soaking wet and tiny purple bruises lining our necks.