3: In the Morning

Karl was rudely awoken to George, who was loudly cackling next to him. He saw y/n still peacefully sleeping in his arms, and he turned to glare at the laughing brit.

"What the honk dude! You're going to wake her up!" The remark only caused George to laugh more, now practically hysterical.

"Dude you're such a simp!!" He managed to insult between gasps for air. Karl only huffed and returned his attention to the girl who was slumbering against him. She was prettier than words could describe. Karl didn't know how he had fallen for her so hard after only a day.

Y/n shifted slightly before her eyes fluttered open. Karl was quick to pull her into a tighter hug and smile softly down at her.

"Good morning."

"Good morning." She bashfully responded, returning the embrace. At this point, George had calmed down and handed them both donuts and cartons of orange juice.

"The storm finally died down and it's safe for us to go home now. Unfortunately, everything outside got blown around and ruined... including our cars."

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"WHAT THE HONK!?"

The two previously sleeping lovers sat up in disbelief, trying to cope with the idea that their cars were simply... gone.

"And we're unlikely to get any help soon because law enforcement is focusing first on cities that got affected before a simple gas station."

"How will we get home?" Karl fearfully questioned. "We're literally hours away from my house." Y/n frowned, but quickly brightened.

"I think I have a friend who can give us a hand!"