Chapter Two

August POV

I have to admit, Aaliyah had some skills for a rookie. I don't even think she's a rookie, she has been upstage before, I can tell. But I got that special look about me. Everybody loves August. I can imagine us up there performing, if only Janet was here. But wait, she wouldn't like me on Aaliyah like that, especially since we haven't had any type of romance since she took that job in marketing. But I mean, it's just a performance. Oh God, Janet! I grabbed my phone at started calling her. No answer.

"Work must really be her first priority." I tossed my phone on the the couch.

"August whateva yo middle name is Alsina!" Nicki stopped in my doorway, again.

"What Onika?" I flopped on the couch.

"We're taking the newbie out to eat. And yo ass payin' so come on." She popped her gum.

"I don't feel like going." I placed my bucket hat over my face.

She groaned. "This nicca." Nicki's pink pumps clicked out of the doorway.

A couple minutes later, I heard a knock at my door.

"What?" I took off my hat and threw it on the couch.

"Oh, if this is a bad time I can-"

"Nahh, you're cool." I motioned Aaliyah to sit next to me.

"You okay?" She rubbed my back.

"Yep, but I'm hungry." I sighed.

"Ooo! Come with us to Benihana's!" She jumped up and down in her seat.

"Hmm, alright. But only for their sake!" I grabbed my jacket.

"Mhm! But when I said we going out to eat you ain't wanna go!" Nicki walked past, sipping her Arizona.

Aaliyah POV

When we got to Benihana's, I sat next to Teyana and August.

"Shall we get started on drinks?" The waitress asked.

"Bud Light for me." August said.

"I want a Mai Tai." Nicki said.

"Benihana punch." Teyana and Rihanna said.

And then there's me.

"Just a lemonade." I said.

Everyone was looking at me.

"What?" I shrugged.

We got to talking, then someone walked in. I know him! I got up and walked directly to him.

"What is she doing?" I heard Nicki mumble to August.

I tapped the mystery guy on his shoulder.

"Excuse me sir. But you look oddly familiar." I smiled.

"Aaliyah!" He hugged me.

"Elgin!" I squeezed him back.

"Gahh Damn!" Teyana grabbed her water and sipped it.

"Excuse me, this is my close friend, Elgin." I smiled.

"Hey." August tipped his hat.

"What's up?" Nicki smiled.

"Hi." Rihanna waved.

"Liyah, I gotta pee." Is all Teyana said before she grabbed my wrist and headed for the restroom.

Teyana POV

Oh my goodnes! That's my friend from college! Elgin is just... lawd. It can't be hm! He was not that fine when he had all that acne. But Liyah's like a sister to him and I'm like a sister to Liyah. Does that count as friend incest?