It was nearing the end of that timeline when Brittany finally heard something. They were at Santana's house, cuddled on the couch watching a movie when Brittany's phone started to ring. Brittany didn't recognize the number, so she figured it could be someone about the consulting job. She went into the kitchen so Santana didn't distract her while she needed to listen, which was a good thing because the person who called had a lot of information to give. When she finally hung up the phone, she went back to the living room to find Santana waiting anxiously on the couch with the movie paused. She knew Santana would want to know right away what was going on, so she sat next to her girlfriend and faced her to talk.

"So that was the company my old colleague at MIT had recommended me to," she started, both a little nervous and a little excited. "They are really interested in having me do some work for a big project they are working on. Apparently they are some sort of aerial space company or something."

"I think you mean aerospace, Brit," Santana said with a little smile.

"Yeah, that. Anyways, they want me to help them on their new project doing some calculations and stuff. They won't exactly tell me all what it would involve, because it is a big secret I guess and they don't want me to know the details if I won't take the job. But they want to meet with me at the end of next month," she finished, looking down at her lap where she had clasped her hands nervously.

She didn't know why she was so nervous. They had discussed all of this before, but she was still a little wary of Santana getting upset that they would be apart. But she also realized that she was a little nervous that she would be taking such a big step in her life and that people would actually be relying on her to do some really important things for them. It was kind of a big deal, but it did seem like it could be interesting.

"Okay," Santana said, her voice soft. "That makes sense. Does it seem like a job you would want to do?"

Brittany nodded. "From what they could tell me, yeah it seemed pretty interesting. It definitely seems like something I could do. I mean, they're not asking me for the meaning of life or anything." She looked up at Santana with a smile, and Santana gave her a laugh.

"I would never doubt that you could do it, babe," Santana told her with a smile. "You are a super genius, after all. I just don't want you to feel like you have to take the job if you don't want to."

Brittany loved that Santana was so concerned about her doing something she wasn't happy doing. Santana had been the one to bring her back from her low when MIT was draining her. But that was a totally different situation, and her biggest concern had nothing to do with doing calculations. She took Santana's hands with her own and caressed them with her thumbs, wanting a physical connection with her lover and wanting to soothe the brunette at the same time.

"I know, and I won't do it if it doesn't seem like something that I would like to do," Brittany told her, then pouted a little. "I still just don't like the thought of leaving you for any length of time."

Brittany still couldn't get over that irrational fear that their separation was going to cause another rift between them. She knew- she knew- that nothing was going to tear them apart again, but she just couldn't stop that part of her from hurting from when Santana had completely broken her heart before. That had been a completely different situation because neither of them knew exactly when they would be able to be together the way they wanted to again, where as this time Brittany knew their separation was only going to be for a short period of time. That was the biggest reason why she knew they could make it through this.

Santana frowned at her, not liking Brittany's pout. "I don't like it either, BritBrit. But it isn't a bad thing for you to do. And it won't be for that long," she said comfortingly. Then Santana hesitated and Brittany saw a thoughtful look come over the Latina. "Do you know when the job would start?"

Dream catcherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara