Slumping back in her chair with a sense of defeat, Missy let out a huff. "What's she being so arsey about it?"

Biting her lip, Mollie looked thoughtful for a second. Even though she didn't understand the romanticism of giving a bog as a gift, she wanted nothing more than for Missy to be happy. But at the very same time, she could completely understand where Nas was coming from. She knew next to nothing about Aaron other than the fact that he wanted to be closer with Nas, and thus it wasn't completely out of the ordinary to be uncertain of his intentions with Missy.

Grabbing Missy's hand, she let out a soft sigh. "I think she's just confused by the whole thing. It's alot to take in.

"I guess." Missy sighed. "I just wish she'd be happy for me."

"She will be. Just give her time, alright?" Mollie said gently, causing Missy to nod reluctantly. Desperate to cheer her up, she squeezed the blonde's hand and sent her to grin. "In the meantime, you've gotta fill me in on this whole bog thing."

✰ ✰ ✰

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍?" Riz asked inquisitively as he found Mollie in the school corridor, looking up at the poster about the musical musical on the bulletin board.

Taken by surprise at the sound of his voice, Mollie looked at him with a small shrug. "Dunno. I want to, but it's a bit scary, init?"

At this, Riz raised his eyebrows and took a step closer to the girl. "Mollie Wilson being scared of something? We must be living in a parallel universe. I thought you were fearless." He mused with a playful smirk.

"Shut up." Mollie rolled her eyes, giving him a light shove with her shoulder. "What if I forget my lines or something? I'd probably end up making a right tit of myself."

"That would never happen, and you know it." Riz countered, giving her a pointed look. But the girl let out a sigh, clearly not filled with reassurance as he was hoping. Chewing down on his bottom lip, Riz felt an idea enter his mind. "Tell you what, why don't I audition with you? And that way, if you do end up making a tit of yourself, you'll have at least one person there to back you up and make you feel a little less embarrassed."

"Wait, you'd seriously do that for me?" She asked, feeling a slight heat rise to her cheeks. She couldn't tell if it was because of his caring offer, or the close proximity between them, but she figured it best to just blame it on her nerves. That was probably it, right?

"Course." He said with a coy smile. "We all need a bit of moral support sometimes, don't we?"

"Wow, thank you, Riz. You're a pretty amazing friend, you know that, right?" She smiled sheepishly, causing Riz to shrug modestly. "I reckon you'd actually make a pretty great leading man, to be fair."

"Is that because of my undeniable charm and good looks?" He suggested with a playful grin, making Mollie roll her eyes.

"I mean, I were gonna say it's because you love the sound of you own voice. But whatever helps you sleep at night." The dark haired girl shrugged with a teasing smirk, meaning it was now Riz's turn to roll his eyes.

"You're so annoying." He tried to feign irritation at the girl, but couldn't help the slight curve of his mouth as he looked at her.

Noticing this, Mollie smirked. "You love it, though."

Riz shook his head at her smug tone. "You wish. Now come on, let's get to class."

✰ ✰ ✰

"𝐒𝐎 𝐀𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐄𝐄, 𝐖𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓." Mr Hyatt began as he held up a real heart for the class to see. "Because cows are enormous."

"Does that mean you've got a massive heart then, Mol?" Lewis Wilson snickered as he looked over the table at his cousin.

"Very funny, Lew. You know, if you value that little quiff of yours, you might wanna shut your mouth." Mollie fired back at the boy, holding up the surgical scissors that she had in her hand. A look of fear took over Lewis' face instantly as he held up his hands in defence, making Mollie sit back with a smug smile. If there was on thing she knew Lewis would get protective about, it was his hair.

Mollie turned her attention back to the lesson, but this focus didn't last long as she overheard a conversation between Cory and Naveed.

"You know I didn't mean owt before." Cory said gently.

Mollie had no idea what he'd said to Naveed, but she couldn't help but feel a little shocked at the fact that Cory seemed to actually be apologising for something. Usually, he was far too stubborn for that.

When Naveed didn't reply, Cory persisted. "Tell you what. If you audition for that school play, I'll do it with ya."

"Yeah?" Naveed asked, letting out a breath of surprise.

While Cory nodded, Lewis lifted up his head to add to the conversation. "I'll do it, too, mate."

"And me." Mollie nodded supportively.

"Me, too." Riz smiled, before nudging Mollie. "Kind of already promised this one I'd do it, anyway."

Cory furrowed his eyes as he noticed Riz and Mollie exchange a look that seemed a little too friendly for his liking. His jaw clenched slightly at the interaction, but he decided to shrug it off and turned back towards Naveed.

"I'm sorry you didn't make the rugby team, but we've got your back now, bro." He smiled, offering out his fist for Naveed to bump with his own.

Naveed smiled gratefully at the Wilson boy. "Thanks, uh...bro."

✰ ✰ ✰

mollie x riz and cory x naveed = things you love to see !

hope you enjoyed and are staying safe <3