Chapter 5: Mary Jane + Midnight Adventures

Comenzar desde el principio

"Wow, you can see so much from up here," Karl sat down on the pipe, catching his breath.

Sapnap stood behind him. "Yeah, it's really fun when you do parkour too," He smiled as he looked over the concrete jungle gym. He stared to the left where there was another pipe, only a decent jump away. "Watch this," Nick tapped Karl's shoulder as he prepared to run at full speed. Nick charged towards the edge of the tube. Karl gasped as he watched the boy leap right at the last second. Time slowed down entirely for Karl. He watched as Nick gracefully glided through the air for a few moments, his arms still swung behind him, hair flying out of his face and up from the rush of wind, as his slightly worn tennis shoes reached out for the solid ground of the next pipe below him. The moon casted a long shadow along the pipe as Nick fell rapidly down, like a fallen angel.

Nick landed with a satisfying thud, turning around to see a horrified Karl.

"What the honk! You scared the crap out of me Nick!" Karl scrambled up from his spot before doing a much safer jump to the pipe.

Nick helped steady the colorful boy and gave him a small smile. The two climbed pipes and jumped off of them for nearly half an hour, studying the graffiti that had been littered about the area, breathing color and life into the dull grey concrete. They made their way up to the tallest point they could reach before settling down and sitting across from each other.

**

Karl stared up at the moon, it wasn't completely full yet, but very close. His attention was brought to the boy in front of him when he heard some plastic rustle. In between Nicks fingers was a small, long, white shape.

"Oh, shit I should've asked if you would be ok with me doing this," Nick went to go put the blunt back in the baggie.

"Oh no it's fine. I go to skate parks a lot so I'm used to people smoking," Karl gave a sweet smile as he watched Nick grab a lighter from his pocket.

He had lit the small piece of plastic so many times before, whether is be for smoking or just a nervous habbit he had developed. He placed the blunt gently to his lips and brought the small dancing flame to the other end. He waited a moment before taking the flame away, letting go of the small red bit and the flame instantly extinguished itself. Nick took a long drag, the end glowing a vivid red against thr black sky, the feeling of the smoke fillee his being before he let it out slowly, giving a small cough.

"Damn, it's been a minute since I've done this," Nick leaned back on his free hand looking up at the stars giving a low chuckle. They were exceptionally pretty tonight. He took another drag, not as large as the last one he took but it still took him a few seconds before he exhaled. He tilted his head up and puffed out small rings getting a giggle from Karl.

"You're good at that," Karl averted his gaze from the boy to the tree line, a soft smile still pulled at his lips.

Nick was captivated by the way the moon reflected off of Karl's fluffy caramel brown hair. There were still bits of blond in it from when Karl had bleached his hair. Nick was so drawn to the boy, everything he did had Nick on the edge if his seat, holding his breath in anticipation. His crush on Karl might have started to develop into actual feelings, something deeper than just a quick thought of how cute the boy was, or a small urge to hold his hand when they were alone. He wanted to hold Karl, envelope him in pure, blissful, love. But Nick was scared, he had never cared for anyone this much before, and he was beyond terrified of messing it all up. It felt as if he were to lose Karl, he'd lose himself.

Perhaps he was done being scared, or maybe it was the weed that was making him not think straight, but he scooted closer to Karl. Much closer. Their bodies pressed against each other. Karl was grateful, he wouldn't admit it but he was freezing on top of the concrete tube, and Nick radiated heat. He scrunched his nose slightly at the sudden smell of weed, but eventually he couldn't even tell it was there.

The two boys sat contentedly, Karl finishing the remains of his monster as Nick finished the last few inhales of his blunt. They stared up at the stars that twinkled like tiny diamonds above them. Karl kicked his feet happily as he hummed to the songs that were gently playing from Nicks phone. It was one of Karl's favorite songs. 'Let's Fall in Love for the Night' by FINNEAS.

'Lets fall in love for the night, and forget in the morning'

'Play me a song that you like, you can bet I'll know every line'

"I'm the boy that your boy hoped that you would avoid," Nick sang quietly, his voice slightly hoarse from the smoke and cold air, it was attractive, "Don't waste your eyes on jealous guys, fuck that noise-" Nick choked on the last line.

'I know better than to call you mine'

The music picked up in beat slightly, leaving Nicks small hiccup in singing behind them. Karl could feel his brain start to slow down as his sugar high was ending. Nick continued to blow small clouds of smoke into the chilly night air, stealing glances at a sleepy Karl. The gentle smell of boys cologne mixed with the bittersweet smell of marijuana. Karl's head started to slowly nod as sleep started to fight him. Nick took his free hand and wrapped his fingers around Karl's chin softly. He turned slightly so he was looking at Karl as he slowly blew out a small cloud across Karl's face. Karl giggled and scrunched his nose slightly as the warm smoke that was chilled in the air across his face. Karl rested his head on Nicks shoulder, curling into him to hide from the cold. Nick grinded the blunt into the concrete to put it out and slowly started to get up

**

"Come on it's late, we should sleep," Nick offered a hand out to Karl and helped him up. They carefully made their way down the debris, both intoxicated by two completely different things. They eventually made their way back to the car.

"Jesus, is it just me or is it really honking cold," Karl tugged at this uncomfortable clothing.

Nick smiled sleepily at the boy. He took his hoodie off, offering it to Karl.

"What are you doing? Now you're gonna get cold," Karl pouted at Nick as the hoodie was placed in his arms as Nick walked past him to open the back door of the truck.

"Then you can make it up to me and keep me warm," Nick knew he was zooted after that line, he would have never said something so bold to Karl. He flopped onto his back along the back bench.

Karl's face flushed slightly but he climbed into the back of the car after putting on the hoodie that had Nicks warmth lingering inside of it. Nick was honestly surprised when Karl got in the car. There was the gentle thud of the door and some awkward shifting but eventually both boys were laying down in the back, legs tangled together to try to fit in the small space. Karl was pressed against the back of the seats, slightly on top of Nick, his head was buried in the crook of the older boys neck. He smelled pleasant for just having smoked. He smelled like vanilla and pinecones. The scent combined with the strong cinnamon scent of the car with underlying hints of weed.

Karl would have normally been embarrassed in this position, but he was so tired and Nick was warm and made him feel safe. He felt strong arms snake around his waist gingerly.

"Is this okay?" Karl could feel the vibrations of Nicks low and quiet voice. It sent a chill down his spine.

Karl was tired and nervous so all he could do was nod. He nuzzled further into Nick's warmth. There was a low drone of music in the background as the boys had forgotten to turn off Spotify.

-------------

If you skipped the trigger part here's a little summary: Sapnap realized his crush on Karl might actually be more like feelings towards him.

A/N: 2000 words pog! I hope you guys enjoyed this :) these are the types of chapters I love to write. The long ones that are descriptive and have music involved. Anyways you guys are awesome, thank you for still reading this if you see this, means a lot. I'll try to get another chapter out, some plotty stuff is gonna go down, but for now i need to finish my art assignment thats due tomorrow DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND LIKE BYEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!