Chapter 1

Riley's POV

"Your not good enough. Everyone is better then you. You see that Michelle girl over there? Yeah she's prettier then you. Chloe's prettier then you, so is Stephanie and Giselle. Your ugly, worthless, a nobody. No wonder why you don't have friends," I hear this inside my head.

Those words stick in my head and play over and over again as if it was put n replay.

I have no friends, I'm not close with my family, I'm basically alone. The only place where I can leave my horrible life is at the studio.

The studio is where I dance, where I can be free, be me, I won't be judged.

"Please, your the worst dancer there, you can't be free. I'll stick with you through everything! There's no way of getting away from me," the voice hisses in my head.

"Your ugly, worthless, fat, horrible, weird, and a nerd," it mumbles in my head. I hear the words over and over again.

It won't stop.

James's POV

"Dude, are you thinking about Riley again?" Eldon asked me while smirking.

"What? Nah bro," I replied hoping he would believe me.

Riley, Riley Carter. The cutest girl at The Next Step.

She never talks to anyone, so no one talks to her. I wanna talk to her. But I can't.

Everyone hates her, they think she's mean, or weird, or even a nerd. Well they are wrong.

She's beautiful, talented, strong, brave and creative.

I just hope she knows that.

"James, we all know your lying," Eldon responds after I finish my thought.

"Ugh whatever," I glare at him.

"Ask her out!"

"But what if she says no?"

"Well, yolo. Am I right?"

"I guess so," I look at him like I know what he's talking about.

"Just go ask her out," he says directing my attention back on to Riley.

"Ok," I make my way over to her.