To the left, from the front door was a bright living room, with a gorgeous balcony.

Upstairs, there were two bedrooms and one bathroom.

The bedroom were gorgeously decorated in neutral colours, and I absolutely adored it, especially the balcony

The bedroom were gorgeously decorated in neutral colours, and I absolutely adored it, especially the balcony. Lately, I preferred brightness and light even more.

It wasn't our suite, but I loved it even more.

"But he's isn't your boss at the moment." I pointed out. "He's Zain's cousin and friend, like you two are my friends."

"I sense future romance." Ashi grinned.

"I know right." I agreed.

"You girls are crazy to the max." Rumi shook her head.

"Why?" Ashi looked at her as she set throw cushions onto the bed in the guest room. "He's exactly the sort of Damad that a desi family envisions. Good looking, successful, and he seems like a nice person. Plus, bonus points, he's not just related to, but is best friends with Zain Bhai, so we know that he's reliable."

"Ashi, are you a matchmaker?" Rumi glared at her, placing her hands on her hips.

"Ashi is making good points." I said, and Rumi aimed her deathly glare at me.

"I can leave if you want." She told me.

"Fine, we will shut up about RuMir."

Rumi facepalmed and Ashi giggled.

I was feeling better around friends, and in daylight. When the sun is out, or even when it isn't, as long as there's light outside, I'm happy. The moment Maghrib approaches, I start fearing the darkness. I found myself often reciting Ayat-ul-Kursi after the sun had gone down.

Whenever we go to bed at night now, I cuddle up close against Zain, and he holds on to me tightly. That's the only way that I feel safe. It's weird how almost dying because of something you already feared had so much negative impact on your brain

These days, Mama keeps calling me to check up on me. I was not the only one suffering after this incident. Mama had been getting nightmares as well, according to Misha. I can imagine. She was a mother, so of course she was also shaken up by her daughter almost drowning. Misha told me that Mama calls me just to hear my voice. There's nobody on Earth or any planet that can be compared to a mother.