CHAPTER EIGHT

Warnings: swearing

Pedro and Katie had been going out regularly for two months. Katie's agenda to take things slow was to be followed through, and Pedro had no problems with it at all. The least he wanted was to put pressure on her in any way.

Today was Katie's birthday. She had taken the day off to have a lovely breakfast with her family. Her mother was acting weird throughout the morning, and Katie was intrigued.

"Mum, what's wrong with you? You're so damn fidgety." Katie frowned at her mother, who in turn dropped her fork, causing it to clatter against the plate with noise.

"Nothing, darling, it's nothing." She was obviously lying.

Katie's mum shook her head nervously, as if to make Katie's observing behaviour go away.

After breakfast, everyone made their way outside, saying goodbyes, sharing hugs and kisses. Katie would go home, freshen up and meet Pedro to spend the rest of this sunny, gorgeous day with him.

Suddenly, a bright pink cabriolet pulled up in front of the restaurant. Katie instantly spotted Pedro in the driver's seat, her face breaking into a huge smile.

"What the-" she gasped in surprise and watched carefully as Pedro approached her with a huge bouquet of flowers in his arms.

"Happy birthday, princesa," he grinned, pulling Katie into a tight embrace, cautious not to crush the flowers.

Katie couldn't believe it, this, to her, was to good to be true. A stray tear rolled down her cheek at the giant surprise. Pedro, when he pulled away, wiped it away with his thumb.

"Get in the car, we're going on a weekend trip. Your bag's packed." He announced while Katie was still paralyzed with joy. Her mother, whose weird behaviour from earlier was now explainable, clapped her hands in excitement.

Pedro took Katie to a beautiful, deserted beach house in the Hamptons. Katie was speechless when they arrived, the windows so big they had a full view of the gorgeous ocean, ridiculously blue skies and not one single person was in sight.

They spent the rest of the day walking down the beach, drinking wine on the terrace and having delicious dinner in a posh restaurant. It was perfect.

In the evening, Katie unpacked her bag to see if her mum had thought of everything. Frowning, she discovered her red, lacy nightie she had once actually bought for herself, to make her feel good with her body. Apparently, her mum had labelled it as a pyjama. A naughty smirk playing on her face, Katie decided to surprise Pedro with it. She could as well put it on now, right?

While Pedro was already waiting for Katie in the king size bed, she freshened up and then watched herself in the mirror wearing the red nightie, the material was barely covering her features and gave away a lot, and she liked it. Pedro and her have spent nights together in his bed before, cuddling for hours on end, sharing sweet kisses, but nothing had ever happened. She hadn't been ready back then. But now, she was.

Stepping out of the bathroom, Pedro's gaze instantly shifted over to her. He was reading his book, his bare chest softly illuminated by a single lamp on his bedside table. With her heart beating up to her chest, she approached him slowly, swaying her hips to a song inside her head. His jaw dropped down at the sight of her in the sexy outfit.

"Wow."

He let his book sit on the bedside table without losing eye contact with Katie. Nervously shifting under his intense stare, she adjusted the strap of the nightie once more, unnecessarily. Pedro rose from the bed and gingerly took Katie's hands in his, placing soft kisses on both her palms. His hands then slid up to cup her cheeks and he pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. Katie instantly kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck to never let him go again. His kisses never failed to make her knees go wobbly.