꧁Don't Blame the Dog: Chapter 3꧂

Start from the beginning

M/n scrunched up her nose in disinterest on the topic.

"Don't worry, Lilykins, M/n/n's little girl is completely smitten with my son," James boasted, pointing a finger towards himself with a large grin.

"That's not how I saw it," M/n blinked. "You're son is completely and utterly in love with my daughter."

"Don't you two wish we had kids as well so we could be included in this conversation?" Sirius grumbled, looking towards Remus and Lily.

"Who knows, maybe Lupin or I have a child," Lily said, shrugging. "I don't think anyone would trust you with one though, Randy."

Sirius pointed to his pocket, which held the Marauder's Map, and shook his head.

"Oh, no, I don't think — not with...certain things," Remus seemed to be at a loss for words.

Every time he opened his mouth to explain a reason why he couldn't have a child, he would send a desperate look towards Sirius and James.

"Come off it, Re— Hughes" — M/n winked at him, thanking herself for her save— "Audrey and I figured out your situation years ago."

"Years?" Remus paled, fearing for her reaction.

"Audrey talked about your disappearances during fourth year and I put two-and-two together and found out—"

"We didn't say anything because we knew you probably didn't want people to know," Lily said in an apologetic tone.

Remus was saved from having to reply, because right at that moment a certain H/c haired girl with a traces of scarlet red and gold in her Hogwarts uniform came rushing down the corridor, a broomstick in hand.

"Hey!" Sirius stupidly called out to her. "Hey, Y/n!"

"Sirius," Lily hissed, gripping the back of his robes and yanking it back so that he would stop walking towards the girl.

Y/n stopped almost immediately, her cheeks flushed slightly pink as she noticed the group of five observing her closely.

"Aww, look how—"

Lily nudged Sirius in the ribs to stop him from speaking.

"Stop the abuse, L-Audrey," he whined, rubbing at his ribs.

"Do you need something?" Y/n inquired, her eyebrows raised.

The group stared at her even closer after such a thick American accent was emitted from her lips. How did she have such an accent? Lily questioned if M/n was even her mother, but after looking back at Y/n once more, she realized it would be impossible for her not to be.

There were only a few differences between Y/n and her mother. They had the same hair color, eye color, and they were around the same height, but Lily couldn't help but notice that the girl had a different aura compared to her mother.

While the two girls had a very small amount of difference in their physical appearance — namely, the small, charming smile that Y/n had given them as she approached the group was familiar but it wasn't M/n's, and Y/n also had a slightly different bone structure then her mum — but the air around the two veelas were completely different.

Lily found soon in her friendship with M/n that she was all confidence. Despite being the only Veela to look like she did, she never appeared self conscious. M/n looked as if she constantly had a plan forming in her head, and knew exactly what she was doing. She seemed to act as if she was on a pedestal above everyone.