"Good boy," I murmur as gently as I can, trying to soothe him. "You're okay baby. Can you hold out your arms?"

He hesitantly holds his arms out in front of him and I wrap one of my own around his back, sliding the other under his knees as he automatically locks his arms around my neck.

There's a gash on the side of his head, at the same spot I had worried was sensitive earlier, and his eyes aren't totally focused, scaring me. I need Cortez here as soon as possible.

I set Jase down as gently as I can on the bed, and the fact that he doesn't look uncomfortable, just limp, makes me even more worried. I pull my phone out of my pocket- I got dressed while he was still in the shower- and call Cortez. He doesn't answer, but a secretary does.

"Hello, how can I help you?" Im beyond not in the mood to deal with this right now.

"This is Dominick Blair, I need Dr.
Cortez." Jase blinks at me in confusion, seeming a bit dazed.

"Dr. Cortez is currently unavailable, would you like to speak with someone else?"

I almost scream in frustration. Why isn't he available? Why can't I control this. Why is Jase still bleeding? If I call an ambulance Jase will absolutely lose it, and he'll only hurt himself more. He doesn't even trust Cortez. My mind races. Allison. Allison is a doctor.

I hang up without another word and call Marcus. He answers on the second ring.

"Hello?" His voice is easygoing, polite.

"This is Dominick Blair. Jase hurt himself and if at all possible, I need Allison here. I can't call an ambulance."

"Of course Mr. Blair," he says as if this makes perfect sense. He disappears for a moment and I take Jase's hand, watching as he quietly knits our fingers together. He still looks dazed, but he's blinking and he's conscious still.

"Dominick?" Allison's voice comes through and I can't find it in myself to be relieved. I'm too stressed. She isn't as removed as Marcus always is.

"I need you here as soon as possible. Jase fell and he's bleeding and I don't know how to fix it," I can hear the desperation in my own voice.

"Okay, calm down, alright? I'll be there in less than ten. Where did he hurt himself?" I take a deep breath through my frustration.

"His head. He fell in the shower, bashed it on something. Just at his temple, and he's bleeding."

"Okay, that's good. If he wasn't bleeding then we would have cause to be concerned. Is he conscious?"

"Yes."

"Is he responsive? Ask him questions, talk to him."

"Jase? My voice drops the way I don't let it with anyone else, and I'm aware that Allison is still on the phone. "Can you hear me?"

"Yessir," his voice is softer than usual, and slow.

"I'm here," says Allison through the phone, and I hang up, waiting for her to get upstairs.

As a last second thought I pull sweatpants over him as the door opens, and I smile at him reassuringly.

"Hello Jase," says Allison gently, sitting down next to him on the bed. He stares at her in confusion. "Banged yourself on the head here pretty well, didn't you?" She asks, and he nods slowly.

"Yes ma'am."

"How did you do that?"

"I..." Jase looks at me with fear in his eyes, and I feel a surge of relief. He's reacting normally to other people, at least. She presses a soft cloth to the side of his head gently and he winces. "I fell." He sounds ashamed of himself. "And I banged my head."

"Yes, I see that. Do you want your Master to sit with you?" Id been hanging back, worried to go near him for fear I would hurt him. Jase's cheeks turn pink and he ducks his head but nods.

"Yes ma'am."

Allison looks at me expectantly but I'm already moving next to him, sitting carefully so I don't bump his head.

"Am sorry, sir," Jase whispers, and I shake my head, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. Allison gives me an approving glance and then winds white gauze around Jase's head to hold some kind of fabric in place.

"It's just a cut, nothing too bad. Head injuries bleed a lot."

I nod, still vaguely worried.

"He's fine," Allison says to me, and I just nod again, pulling Jase onto my lap.

"Thank you," I say seriously. She nods and stands.

"Marcus will be glad to hear he's okay."

Forget Marcus, I'm glad to hear he's okay.

"Thank you again Allison. My apologies for pulling you away from your day."

"Not at all. I'm glad to check up on this little one," she sounds maternal, and I realize how personal the connection is between all of those who've escaped the market. Only they really know what goes on there. "Make sure he gets some rest, and watch for any sudden changes in behavior. And you," she looks to Jase, who winces, "need to eat something, okay?"

"Yes ma'am," Jase says with the barest hint of a smile. He likes her.

"Good. Soup is best," she directs at me, then stands. I start to get up to walk her out, but she waves me off.

"Keep him off his feet for a few minutes, his balance probably won't be the best. You should stay with him." I sink back down and thank her again, and then she's gone.

I turn and smile when I see Jase staring at me. He's too cute. It takes me a moment to realize he's frowning deeply, looking agitated.

"What's wrong?" I ask, knowing he won't say anything unless I ask. As it is he still hesitates, thinking through the words- he can usually get the sentences right if he takes a moment to think about it before speaking.

"You don't use me," he sounds deeply puzzled, and for a second I have no idea what he means, "like they said Master would."

Oh, he means they told him to expect something else.

"What did you assume I was going to be like? Did you think I was going to beat you bloody, fuck you, then shove you in a cage?" My voice is much harsher than I mean it to be, and he winces, but doesn't seemed shocked by the content of what I said- more my tone as I said it.

"Yes, Master," he mutters quietly, seeming guilty, and I stare at him in silence for a moment, then regain control of my emotions in my head. Okay.

"Well," I say, pulling him into my arms snugly, "I'm not going to do that."

He laughs, the smallest, most breathless laugh I've ever heard, more of an amused exhale than a laugh but it's something.

"I am knowing that, sir. It makes me...confused." The laughter that warmed my heart is gone from his voice. "You don't want...me, sir. Am thinking about lots it." His speech gets messier as he goes and I have to listen carefully. Don't want him? Of course I want him.

"What do you mean want you? Of course I want you," I raise an eyebrow and Jase looks lost. He doesn't like speaking this much.

"Not keep, sir," he fidgets uncomfortably, "mean wanting me from in market, sir. That wanting, sir." He overused the word sir when he's stressed out. But his meaning reaches me this time; he means sexually. The fact that I haven't had him do anything with me yet. A smirk stretches across my face and I roll on top of him quickly, pinning him down. He doesn't fight.

"I want you more than anything I have ever wanted in my entire life. You're mine, and I can't wait to show you that. But, we need to take it slow. I don't want you to feel forced, or scared, when I touch you like that. I don't want any tears, or fear in that side of our relationship. And you don't trust me like that," he opens his mouth to protest and I ignore him, "so we are going to wait, and continue waiting, until I think you'll be okay in that situation." My voice drops lower and I press myself hard against him. "And when you are, I'm going to do everything I've been waiting for, let every touch I've held back go, and I'm going to show you just how mine you are."