꧁Don't Blame the Dog: Chapter 2꧂

Start from the beginning

"Lily," M/n urged, whispering under her breath, "I just realized — what if were caught, maybe we should wait for Remus, James, and Sirius."

Lily wasn't listening though. Instead, she stared ahead in the direction of a another corridor with a blanched face. She may have thought the castle was the same as it was in 1977, but she now sensed a different aura. It wasn't good, the silence was too loud and the sight in front of her eyes felt almost artificial.

Before the Veela could ask her what was wrong, James, Sirius, and Remus came to a stop right behind the girls.

"What's wrong, Evans," James whispered.

Once again Lily did not answer, and M/n, despite feigning anger towards Remus, couldn't help but meet his eyes with a concerned expression.

"Look, we'll open our map and see where Dumbledore is," suggested Sirius, looking almost guilty at the sickened look on Lily's face.

The corridor turned completely silent as the group waited for Lily's reply, but once she opened her mouth no sound came out and her brows only furrowed.

"Lily, you're starting to scare me now—"

But M/n was interrupted by said girl.

"James, why are you hugging M/n late at night?" came Lily's short whisper.

M/n, wide-eyed, turned to where Lily was stuck looking at. The scene that greeted her twisted at her stomach almost violently. James, and there was no way it wasn't James, had his head tucked into M/n's neck, the two of them were stuck in an embrace that went beyond the point of being only friendly.

"Maybe in the future they both got rejected and are comforting each other," Sirius suggested, looking at the two with mild interest before looking at the present day M/n and James.

"Or," Remus interrupted, not looking too pleased at the sight in front of him. "That's not really M/n and James considering...well...we're in the future."

The group as a whole let out a collective sigh, and James, patting M/n's shoulder, only said, "No offense, M/n/n, but there's only one girl I would do that with."

"I will never do that with you," Lily said, crossing her arms stiffly.

"How did you know I was talking about you?"

"They could just be friends," M/n hissed, looking at the two teens with curiosity. "She looks upset."

The girl in question finally pushed out of the embrace and bashfully looked down at her lap. The boy's face, that the group found creepily alike to James's, turned a bright red. In fact, the two of them seemed to be avoiding the other's eye.

"What person would voluntarily have a child with a toe-rag like you?" Lily snickered.

James, for once in his life, didn't have anything to say back at Lily. He was too enraptured with the sight of his son. Son, he was actually going to have a family he reminded himself gleefully. His son had his unruly raven hair, his glasses, and did look strikingly like James, but his face was thinner than his father's, and his eyes were something that James disregarded to look like his.

"Looks like M/n/n had a child as well," Sirius said, rubbing M/n's head in a sibling-like way.

M/n slapped his hand away, and look away from her daughter with a slight uncertainty.

"She looks a lot like you," Remus said softly, his eyes furrowed in thought while he looked at the young girl.

"Well, of course my genes would be more dominant," M/n said loftily, not seeming to be that interested that she had a daughter.