~Chapter 5: Jealousy~

The boys caught me looking at her. The girl I seem to have been falling in love with. Mike was the first one to step in. "Okay, dude, I know how we said getting Kris was a long shot over 2 years ago, But this chick looks like a one in a billion." All Jim did to step in was nod his head slowly up and down. I needed to know more. I looked at a random kid that was reading and called for him. "You there! What's that girls name?" He looked up from his book and looked at the girl I was pointing at. He started bursting out laughing and said, "You have no chance with her! Her name is Jade Weber, she's a transfer from Los Angeles High. Everyone says she already has a boyfriend!" I immediately started to get in my feels. This is it huh? I'm really about to go down in history as a kid who fought for a girls heart without a fight? Without a single punch thrown? I almost started to lose hope, until I looked up. I was in immediate shock. She was looking at me. No, not looking. More like, staring.

Her big beautiful blue eyes were actually staring at me

Her big beautiful blue eyes were actually staring at me. I couldn't help myself, I stared back and smiled. She returned the favor. It was an intense staring contest. Each of us staring into one another's soul. I felt like I saw the future. I got lost all up in those ocean eyes. I lost the contest when Mike jabbed my back. I looked back at him and he slapped me. "BRO WHAT THE FU.." I was interrupted by another slap. "DUDE! YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND! STOP FALLING IN LOVE WITH HER!" I immediately stood up and said, "This was your idea though? Why are you stopping me?" Jim barged in and said, "We meant like get into a fake relationship not fall in love and get married!" The two dumbasses started going at it and I just walked away. I looked back to where Jade was and sure enough, she was gone. I couldn't wait to see her again and finally talk to her.

9:39 AM: 5 Minutes Until Class Starts.

I went to my first period class, which sure enough had to be my least favorite class. Math. Yuck. I hate math. I sat at my desk and waited for time to pass so we can go to second period already. Then, she walked in. It was Jade. She had Algebra II as well? That's awesome. She walked in and spotted me right as I spotted her. We smiled at each other and waved. She made her way to the desk next to mine. I got a little too excited and started shaking a bit. But luckily I cooled down before it was too late. She settled in, and surely enough, the first thing she did when she was done was say hi. I looked at her and gave her a smirk of confidence and responded, "hey" Miles Morales style. I kept the conversation going. "So you're new here?" I asked "Yeah, I am. Just moved from Los Angeles High, heard it was pretty cool down here. I can surely agree with that." I couldn't fully tell if she was flirting or if she was just playing it cool like I was. either way, I kept going. "Oh that's cool. Im kinda new here myself. I came from Texas. I like it up here a little bit better though." "Is that so? That's awesome. What grade are you in?" Oh geez. Here came the big question. I quietly said, "F-Freshman." She started giggling and said, "Sophomore here." I was at first kind of embarrassed, but at the same time, I was kind of relieved. She looks like she could be a senior. Oh ho, I can only see the look on Kris' face when I show up to school holding this girls hand. Oh shit, I forgot. No dating. Dammit. We started talking and got to know each other way more.