2: Cuddles

George, Karl and y/n were three hours into an intense round of Risk, already having spent a total of six or so hours in the backroom of a gas station. They had all gotten to know each other a lot better, and were getting along swellingly. The other people locked down with them had all gone to separate rooms in attempts to sleep the night away.

The rain had not let up and was seemingly worse, the wind now howling against the building.

The game of Risk finally wrapped up with George winning, which he didn't hesitate to gloat about to the rest of the players. Karl mock pouted and crossed his arms, which resulted in y/n patting his head and assuring him that it was okay that he lost. They all laughed it off and decided it was time to try and get some sleep.

They then proceeded to get as comfortable as they could on the floor of the store, with only some thin blankets the shopkeeper gave them. George, already wearing a thick hoodie and sweatpants was warm enough to quickly fall asleep. To be fair, that man could fall asleep anywhere.

Y/n, however, was having a bit more trouble falling asleep. Her short-sleeved Nirvana tee didn't help much in keeping her warm. She trembled under the blanket she was given, hoping the chills would pass soon.

"Y/n?" Karl's soft voice called in the dark room.

"Yeah?" She whispered back, her teeth chattering slightly.

"You're freezing." Worry was evident in the boy's voice, filled only with concern for his new friend.

"I-I'm okay."

"No you're not, you're shivering. Come over here." Karl gently pulled her into his arm. Y/n blushed profusely, burying her head into Karl's chest. She was much warmer than before. And with that, the two fell into a comfortable slumber.