Chapter 4: Threat

Começar do início

c) Laztaz Highlands

According to the recently published Pokémon of Orre, it was Scorbunny on the slopes of Mt. Battle. Chalcedony wasn't really sure what any of them looked like. She felt bad circling the answers she got from Rustie, but if she won and Rustie didn't, she could give the Pokémon to her friend.

Which of these Pokémon is found in the wild in Orre and evolves when exposed to an evolution stone?

a) Roselia

b) Snorunt

c) Pikachu

d) Sunkern

e) None of these!

'I've seen an Orrean kid with a Roselia,' Chalcedony said, 'And a ton of people have Pikachu.'

'They might have been imported...'

'Yeah, Pikachu probably is. So it's gotta be Roselia.'

'I think it's Sunkern. I'm, like, 99% sure Champion Zane had one. He even battled Emili with it.'

Chalcedony had already circled her answer and dropped it in the box when Rustie checked in Pokémon of Orre. She was right. It was Sunkern.

The uproar began to die down. People scattered to coo over their new Pokémon. Chalcedony was indeed the last Trainer to approach the box. Up close, Jovi's eyes were weary, but she still smiled.

'Hi! I love your hair. What's your name?'

'Chalcedony. Thanks.'

'Lovely name, too! We dig up some incredible chalcedony here in Orre – gem silica, agate, jasper... my sister in-law is the geologist, but I've been known to fangirl over a good old Orrean rock! Your parents, too, huh?'

'I don't think I've ever actually seen a piece of chalcedony. But I was adopted and my dad apparently hates it, so... I don't really know what that was all about.'

'Oh! Well, if you would like to see your namesake, we've got some. Anyway, you're here to get a Pokémon, not to hear me ramble about rocks! Here we've got...'

She took the three remaining Poké Balls from the box. There was enough space to release them now.

'Eevee, Cacnea and... Eevee!'

Chalcedony was surprised there was anything but Eevee left, but she already had Servine. She didn't need another Grass-type. She was indeed stuck with Eevee. They were so cute, she could hardly complain. One nervously clung to Jovi's blue boots. Chalcedony chose the one that leapt into her arms.

'You two look so cute together! Did you enter the competition?'

'Yeah... but I picked Roselia.'

Jovi smiled. 'Well, we find a lot of evolution stones in Orre, too. Just don't get ripped off if you buy one.'

Chalcedony knew exactly what her Eevee would grow up to be. She didn't need a stone. Jovi was distracted. A sleek white car pulled up. She worriedly pushed past Trainers to run outside.

'Excuse me! Sorry! Excuse me, sir, but you can't park there! We keep injured wild Pokémon close to the lab! Please use the parking lot!'

Theta stepped out. The driver, whose face was obscured by the tinted windows, reversed to retreat to the parking lot. Jovi nervously checked that no Pokémon were disturbed or crushed by the tyres or engine. She didn't see Theta's smirk as her boots clip-clopped into the lab, but Hop did.