Thrill of The Chase

Start from the beginning

"I'm just telling you to dial it back, Y/N attracts enough trouble as it is, you're not going to help."

Lucifer rolled his eyes as he listened to Dan drawl on. His attempts to tune him out were useless, and so the devil settled for silent seething. The two of them descended the stairs of Lux, there was a small shout and Lucifer quickly jerked Dan backwards, narrowly saving him the knife that embedded itself in the wall.

Inches from the now pale detectives face.

"I see you've met Mazikeen." Lucifer chuckled glancing towards where you stood beside the demoness.

You smiled, straightening back up from your throwing position. Dan was still in a bit of a daze, and you placed a hand on your hip.

"Turns out I'm not as patient as I thought, but Maze definitely helped pass the time."

Lucifer raised an eyebrow to hear you call her Maze and she smiled resting an arm on your shoulder, knife in hand.

"I like her, a lot, her aim is almost as good as mine." Maze smirked.

"You flatter me." You grinned.

Lucifer huffed a bit grabbing your arm, pulling you to him.

"I found this interesting little human first Mazikeen, I've got dibs."

You laughed at that but didn't pull away, leaning into his side as you lightly nudged him.

"Dibs? I'm not the last slice of pizza." You teased.

Dan, rather unfortunately, chose that time to recover, and he quickly guided you away from the two entities.

"No one is calling dibs! The last thing she needs is more bad influences!" Dan snapped.

Maze crossed her arms, staring him down.

"And what are you? Her boyfriend?"

Your lip curled up in disgust and Dan frowned.

"No! She's my cousin!" He hissed.

You sent Lucifer a smile as Mazikeen and Dan began to bicker. The handsome man watched you curiously as you pulled away from your stressed relative.

"You know Dan, you're absolutely right."

All eyes were on you now and Dan frowned looking suddenly very unsure of himself.

"I... I am?"

You managed to flash the keys in your hand, which Lucifer quickly took note of. A devious smile appearing on his face, he leaned over to whisper to Maze, who grinned like the cat who ate the canary. Dan was to focused on your sudden compliance to notice.

"Absolutely, in fact, I'll head home right now, mind if I catch a ride Luci?"

"Of course darling, in fact I insist you drive."

Lucifer tossed you his keys and while Dan focused on that, you tossed his keys to Maze.

"Your license was revoked for a reason, you can't drive." Dan scolded you.

Lucifer grabbed your hand running past Dan with you closely behind.

"Then I guess you better catch me!"

The two of you were gone before he could move. He cursed moving to run after you, reaching into his pocket for his own keys only to find it empty. He paused, wildly looking around, until he heard them jingle from Maze's hand.

"A head start is only fair." She winked.

~

You ran your hands over Lucifer's dark corvette, your smile only widening.

"Well hop in love, we best get a move on before Daniel stops the fun before it's begun."

You nodded sliding into the driver’s seat as Lucifer made himself comfortable in the passenger seat.

Skid marks were left in your wake as you hightailed it out of the parking garage.

~

It was a thrill, dashing around the city, losing a few traffic cops, who were most likely blindsided by the reckless speed you drove past them at. It was refreshing to say the least, a freeing sort of feeling. Lucifer occasionally grabbing the dashboard for dear life was also an added bonus. Although he hadn't told you to slow down yet, content with letting you have your fun.

You smiled as you pulled off to the side of the rode, not far from your house. The black haired man beside you gave you a questioning look.

"Drive me home?"

That did nothing to answer his inquisitive look.

"I've noticed you don't lie, and I'm really not supposed to drive, Dan will have my head if he figures out I actually sped through LA, this way if he asks you did drive me home, you don't lie, and I stay out of trouble, vaguely."

Lucifer chuckled, looking almost proud.

"You're a very clever little thing, aren't you? What other secrets have you got?"

"I guess you'll just have to stick around to find out, won't you?"

He smiled, leaning a little closer to you.

"I suppose I will."