See the Connections Form

Start from the beginning

"So do you. Still can't figure out why you wanted to keep an eye on him?"

"No, it's bugging me to no end," the frown was evident in Clints voice.

"Maybe you should try talking to Cap about it. You two might be able to figure something out," Tony suggested. The door slid open then, causing Pym to fall on the floor with a shout of surprise. The two Avengers looked at him and then behind him.

"Sounds like a good idea, Tony," Caps voice came from behind Pym, making him role onto his back to look at the soldier. He smiled sheepishly at being caught. He must've come to check on him using the other entrance to the room and Pym had been too busy listening to notice.

"What were you doing, Pym?" Tony asked, crossing his arms a bit. He didn't look mad though, just curious. This made the boy feel some relief. He'd been on the receiving end of Tony's stern look before, well Older Tony's stern look, and he didn't like it.

"Jarvis doesn't like to open doors for me, but I wanted to hear what you guys were saying so I may have been listening to your conversation?" Pym rubbed the back of his head nervously as he explained. Surprisingly, Hawkeye started laughing at the explanation. He had not expected that... "what's so funny?" He asked curiously. Tony was giving Hawkeye a look that mirrored the question.

"I don't blame you, kid. I'd be eavesdropping too if I were you, but I wouldn't have fallen on my face while doing it," Clint finally said after a moment. Pym blinked, unsure what to say. This was really Francis' dad?

"What?" was all he seemed to be able to get out. Tony shook his head while Cap offered the kid a hand. Pym took it and let out a yelp at getting pulled to his feet much quicker than expected. He brushed off his suit and gave Cap a smile of thanks.

"Okay then...." Tony said slowly and then glanced down at Pym. "Where were you trying to go that Jarvis won't let you?"

"Back to my room." Pym answered. Tony raised an eyebrow and looked up at one of the cameras in the hall. It was as if a silent question was being communicated to the AI, one that it picked up on.

"I thought it best he not be allowed to wander the tower, sir. After all, he did arrive here under strange circumstances and-"

"And saved my life. He's a very brave young man. I think you can cut him some slack, Jarvis," Steve said, placing a hand on Pyms shoulder. The boy tensed up a bit at it, mostly out of surprise more than anything else.

"Yeah, what Cap said. When I asked you to watch him I didn't mean for you to lock him in a room," Tony concurred.

"My apologizes sir, I shall change the directive then," Jarvis replies and a beeping noise confirmed that he had done so. Pym rubbed the back of his neck again.

"Thanks," he said. Tony nodded to him.

"Just don't prove me wrong, kid," Stark replied and caught the small shoulder slump on Pyms part. Cap patted his shoulder before taking his hand off it.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about Hakweye?" The soldier asked, reminding them all of the previous conversation.

"Oh, right," Hawkeye started but paused. He wasn't sure if he should talk about this in front of the kid, even if he was one of the ones who voted for him to stay with them. "I should probably show you first. Follow me." He walked away from Pym and Tony, the former of which seemed a little too curious about where they were going, and Cap followed him after a moment.

F000

The elder Tony Stark exited a room with a sigh and worry etched on his face. Torunn was by his side in a matter of moments.