"They're so beautiful, Rhett," we glanced at each other as her hand fell on my right knee and she leaned in close, slowly which was...electrifying as if some force was pulling me towards her.

My head turned to the right to avoid her kiss "I'm sorry," she immediately said before getting up. "I'm so sorry, Rhett, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or misread signals—"

"No, don't worry," I said, getting up.

Her eyes fell to her fidgety hands "I guess I've always thought that after giving material stuff to someone they will immediately want me," she sniffled. "Um, I'll order the sushi and you can maybe look for something to watch on TV."

I nodded with a frown "Aurora, I didn't—"

"No, no," she looked up at me with a weak smile "none of it is your fault; it's me, I'm the broken one," Aurora's eyes were filled with tears. "I understand if you want to leave now—"

"No, no. If you don't mind, I would like to stay to show you the most wicked videos I've ever seen," a smile played on my lips as I took her right hand to lead her out to the living room. "I watch this bloke who deep cleans other people's cars and it's so satisfying, you'll love it."

[Aurora Rothschild]

My eyes fluttered open at the bothering throbs in my skull. Why did I drink? This is why I don't drink, I hadn't done it since my granddaddy died.

A whimper escaped my mouth as I rubbed my eyes "Rhett?" I squinted my eyes, looking around. "Rhett, are you in the bathroom?" I called out and waited ten seconds for an answer. I looked at the coffee table and it was squeaky clean apart from a green something. My body leaned forward to reach for my glasses —that blob I can easily identify— and then it was made clear (quite literally) that the thing on the green blur was a post-it.

Last night was brilliant, Aurora
If you ever need anything just ring me:
020-7946-08005

A big smile appeared on my lips "Likewise, Mr. Carter."

I tried reaching for my phone beside me but there isn't such thing anymore; Clark broke it without repair last night so I need to go get a new one.

I got up on my feet to go peek my head out of the door and there was Hasan in a fresh suit "Good morning, sunshine," he looked at me with a smile. "Have a headache?"

"Mild one but yes. Come in, I need you to make breakfast for me or I'll vomit all over the kitchen, please."

"I thought you said it was mild," he walked into the place and carefully picked me up to take me to the bathroom. "Take a shower, I'll prepare breakfast and after it we can go get you a new phone."

My right eyebrow arched as he placed me down "How do you know I want to go get a new phone?"

"Mr. Carter told me you were mumbling in your sleep," he chuckled, reaching in the glass rectangle to open the hot water.

I kicked off my slippers and the warmth of the under floor heating greeted me "Did he leave long ago?" My voice came our shy.

Hasan took his jacket off with his eyes on me "A little over 30 minutes ago, he was on the phone with someone called Fiona when he came out of the flat," he told. "Why? Miss him already?" He hung his jacket on one of the towel hooks attached to the wall. "Arms."