"Pick one," the shelves on the left side were filled with both women and men shoes; all pristine and expensive-looking. "Or more if you want, I bought three quarters of them for him," Aurora said as she picked her UGG chestnut slippers.

"Fine but only because he's a cheating fuck," The pair that immediately caught my eye was one of Chelsea boots in black leather with a cuban heel and they appear brand new because the leather isn't creased "These."

"Perfect, they're brand new; Clark said they were hideous because of the heel," Aurora stepped in front of me to open a drawer from where she retrieved a pair of socks which she handed to me

"Perfect, they're brand new; Clark said they were hideous because of the heel," Aurora stepped in front of me to open a drawer from where she retrieved a pair of socks which she handed to me. "Here," the woman turned around to hand me the socks "those are new too."

"Is his masculinity always fragile?" My right eyebrow arched.

She chuckled, looking up at me "It wasn't at first but he has changed a lot in the last nine months; he recoils at everything that comes from me."

"He's a fool," I turned around to exit the closet and sit on the bed. "If you were my girlfriend, I would thank a higher power every night because you're too good to be true."

"You barely know me, Rhett," she said with crossed arms, approaching me.

A soft smile appeared on my lips with my eyes on hers "We've told each other our bloody dark secrets already," I slipped on the right sock "I think what follows is easy."

"What follows?" her right eyebrow arched.

"Daily affairs," I replied. "Like what's your favourite colour?"

"I don't have one," she sat to my left and crossed her leg. "I do love black and it might be the one I wear the most. What's your favourite colour?"

"Black," my response was swift. "Favourite animal?"

Aurora chuckled "That's easy: Polar Bear."

"Mine are dogs," I informed, slipping on the boots. "I have three Retrievers I found outside my building in a box two years ago, and would have ten if possible but my flat is quite small; Helios, Hyperion and Cronus take up all the space."

"Are you serious?" She grinned "Do you have a picture?"

My hand reached to my left back pocket from where I pulled out my phone to show her my Lock Screen which is of there three horse-like dogs, sitting up straight and looking dapper with their rainbow bow ties on; every January I ask a friend who is a photographer to take pictures of my sons.

"That's Hyperion," my finger pointed at the black Labrador with one blue eye and the other one brown "he loves green toys and rubbing himself against walls. Then in the middle is Cronus," his fur is silver and eyes are green "he usually tries to steal my breakfast and loves to hide his head under my bed when he takes naps. And this last one is Helios," he resembles a Golden Retriever with his long ginger hair "that bloke loves being bathed but his favourite thing in the world is when you hair-dry his hair; he usually falls asleep."