Ready or not

Brooke's POV:

We finally arrived at his house. it was huge, with pillars soaring all the way to the third floor. I gasped in aBrooke's POV:

I still sat at the edge of the parking lot, thinking about my old house and dog. I should've been thinking about what to do next but I didn't want to worry about the things I couldn't change. Suddenly I heard the sound of wheels on the gravel. but not the sound of car wheels but smaller. I looked up wiping some of the dirt off my face. Then I saw him. he had dark hair with blonde dye, his eyes where hazel and his smile was perfect. he skidded his skateboard to a stop.

"Why are you out in a deserted parking lot at 9:00 at night?" He questioned.

"May I ask the same to you?" I said looking straight into his eyes.

A smile curled up his lips.
"Well if you must know I skateboard here everyday at 9 and leave at 9:30." he spoke.
"and you?"

"Well I umm.." I hesitated.

He walked closer and put his skateboard propped against the parking brick. he sat down.

"You can tell me." he said looking straight into my eyes while blowing the hair out of his face.

"Okay long story" I said as he went and sat down criss cross applesauce right infront of me like a little 5 year old before story time.
"My step mom hated me. Everyday she would wake me up to do chores, favoring her own 2 daughters over me, who also hated me. She couldn't stand the fact of me living there so she drove up to this parking lot, miles away from our home and threw me out." his face looked like a big sad sack.

"Well what about your dad?" He said worried

"He's.. He's not here." I said looking down.

"Oh" he said looking torn. after a few moments of silence he leaped up and wrapped his arms around my body.

"Well you can just come with me then." he said happily.

"Um well I'd rather just.." Then he  never seen a real smile before because every time someone smiled I felt it was fake. We ate dinner in silence. I could tell Drake was eager to tell her the news.