"The way you shouted at me to come. I almost thought Yuki was choking or not breathing."

"Sorry.. I was just too happy. You know how Yuki is always afraid of me. I'm just surprised that she actually recognizes me as her father."

Yukino ignored me entirely, primarily focusing on Yuki only.

"Yuki, say 'Mama'."

"Dada!"

"Mama."

"Dada!"

"Mama!"

She raised her voice only by a bit, showing her frustration and impatience.

"Dada!"

Yukino looked at me, pouting at me with those puppy eyes of hers.

"Hachiman, I want a son. Your daughter is liking you more than me now."

It felt great to see her defeated like this.

"A son? You mean, you want another kid?"

We were now 24 years old. 2 years since I came back from Chiba, now I have a beautiful wife and a beautiful child. And I'm also on the verge of being promoted to Staff Sergeant.

"Maybe. But I'm not entirely sure yet. How about when Yuki gets a little bit older, we can have a second child. Father is always talking about Japan's declining population of young people, compared to the elderly."

I scratched the back of my head awkwardly.

"I don't know... Yuki almost ruined our entire marriage. Are you sure?"

I could still remember the day I almost killed my wife and my child. It still haunts me but I keep pushing it away from my thoughts.

"Hachiman, I'm experienced now. Experienced people tend to make less mistakes. And I'm sure that I won't be super cranky anymore. What do you say? Do you want a son?""

How long as it been since we have had sex?

The night I got back from my 2nd deployment. Yuki was asleep in a different room so we had a lesser chance of waking her up. It was the first time Yukino was extremely assertive, almost acting as if she needed it. Sex does release stress so maybe she was consumed by the amount of homework she got? Oh, and we used protection. We are now experienced.

Fast forward a couple more months, that was the last time we had sexual intercourse.

And now she wants to do it again, for the sake of another child.

"When you graduate. Right now, you still gave a lot of stuff to do. You got like what, 3 more years? When Yuki turns 3, we can have another child."

"You're cruel."

"I'm just being the adult here."

I smirked, knowing this was one of the rare moments where I am right, and Yukino is wrong.

"Hey, make sure you teacher her to say 'Mama', while I'm doing schoolwork."

I don't think teaching a 7 month old baby is a good either. And I'm not sure if they even do learn from their parents. They don't understand human language, better yet, they don't even know how to potty yet.