1%

a/n - don't ask, i don't know.
maknae on top. ayo.
- this story is gonna be more sad than happy, i'll update it when i'm depressed lol.
// alcohol and drugs are mentioned and used, so if that's not your thing, this story probably isn't for you. <3

9:53pm, saturday night.

jeongin slammed the bottle of tequila onto the table, leaning back into his chair and running a hand through his hair. it was just another saturday night for him. he turned his blurry gaze to the tv, 'american dad' playing in the background. "stupid show, stupid tv." he mumbled, reaching for the bottle again. "stupid feelings, stupid jeongin." since chris left, his life had been hell. they barely talked, jeongin constantly felt like he was annoying him. it was all just a mess.

after taking a few more swigs of the alcohol, the male sighed, deciding it was time to put it away before he got too wasted. jeongin picked up his phone, lazily scrolling through his notifications before zoning out. the only thing he could think of was chris. the laughter of the male. his smile. his voice. the way he held the smaller, how protective he was. none of that mattered now. chris had moved on, he still called jeongin his soulmate, but he moved on.

what was the point in that? what was the point in loving someone if you're not going to be with them? it pained him to see the love of his life with someone else. happy without him. but he still supported chris, was always there for him, listening when he needed to rant about his relationship. he was quite jealous of chris' boyfriend, honestly. how was he supposed to handle this for god knows how long? how was he supposed to trust chris with everything but he couldn't talk to him about his feelings. of course, jeongin had his reasonings.

if he told chris how he felt and thought, it would either turn out the way he wanted, or something so much worse. what if he got angry? what if he lashed out and told jeongin to move on? what if he made chris feel guilty..that was his worst fear. making the male feel guilty about something he couldn't help. he could potentially ruin their friendship, which is why he never spoke about it. when the timing was right, he would.

the sudden ding of his phone brought him back into reality, blinking a few times before looking at his notifications. a soft sigh escaped his lips as he read over jisung's message,
'ah, innie, we're meeting at the park around 11, wanna tag along?'
'ew no, leave drunk jeongin at home'
fucking minho. the male let out a soft laugh, responding and just letting him know he was down, but would just need a ride. the blonde set his phone back down, running both hands through his hair. the male stood up, grabbing onto the couch arm at the sudden headrush.

~~

10:45pm

after attempting to take a shower and make himself presentable, jeongin grabbed his keys and made his way downstairs. he smiled at the small kitten laying on the couch, heading out the door and waiting for jisung on the porch. it wasn't long before he was getting to the car, taking a deep breath as the cannabis scent filled his nose. "alright, who's got it?" he raised a brow, a soft 'ah' escaping his lips as hyunjin passed him the blunt. "why thank you."

the group arrived at the park around the estimated time, jeongin stretching his arms above his head as he got out. it wasn't long until a crossfaded hyunjin had an arm around jeongin's shoulders. "innie-ahh, let's go swingg..!" the black-haired male tugged on jeongin's sleeve, pointing toward the vacant swingset. after laughing about the matter, the younger eventually gave in.

"so tell me.." hyunjin mumbled, swinging his legs and kicking a bit of the molch. "how're you holding up? it's been a couple months."
"i've been..okay? i mean, other than everything hurting constantly and the reoccuring feeling to cry. i'm okay." followed by a short laugh, causing hyunjin to stare him down. "seriously, hyung. i'm okay."
"whatever you say, innie." he reached over, placing a hand on jeongin's thigh and gently squeesing the pudgy skin. "just know im here if you need me, we all are."

jisung let out a loud laugh as minho pushed him down the slide, his phone flinging forward and going out of sight. "ah- my phone!" his voice echoced in the inclosed slide, soon finding his phone at the end of the slide. jisung sighed, dusting his jeans off as minho came down, ultimately ramming into jisung and leaving them a laughing mess on the ground. "yah, you idiot!" jisung yelled out, grabbing his phone and pushing himself onto his feet. he only got a laugh in response.

soon the four boys were sitting on the merry-go-round, heads thrown back in laughter. jeongin rested his head on hyunjin's shoulder, snickering at something minho said. the boy turned his head to the side, catching a glimpse of a familiar face. he blinked, lifting his head up. chris? what was he doing here. jeongin's grip on hyunjin's wrist tightened, causing a concerning 'jeongin~' to leave the male's lips.