CHAPTER SEVEN

"He said he was building something," Eleven said, explaining to the group what had caused her to be so upset whilst communicating with Billy. "That it was all for me."

"Building something..." Max repeated. "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be," Nancy said.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought," Lucas stated.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread," Mike said.

"He's building it to stop Eleven," Will said.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off."

"Like, royally," Lucas said.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way-"

"Game over."

"Lovely," Emily said sarcastically, a frown showing on her face.

"He also said," Eleven said, "he was gonna kill all of you."

The teenagers looked around at each other, their eyes wide after hearing that a threat had been made to their lives.

"Yeah, well, that's nice," Max said in a sarcastic tone.

Nancy suddenly left her place next to Jonathan and walked over to the window, gazing out of it into the woods surrounding the cabin.

"Do you guys hear that?" she asked.

None of them said anything right away and stayed silent, trying to hear any strange noises that Nancy might be hearing.

"It's just the fireworks," Jonathan said.

"Billy..." Nancy said. She turned around and looked at Eleven. "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?"

Eleven nodded, and the others now understood what Nancy was thinking. They remained silent, again trying to hear what she was hearing, and they could now hear very distant thudding noises that did not belong to fireworks despite the Fourth of July celebration taking place not far from the cabin. Will and Emily weren't listening for very long, though, before their bodies went cold with fear and goosebumps erupted on their skin, warning them.

"He knows we're here," Will said.

They all made their way outside and then stopped, looking off into the distance. Above the canopy of the trees, fireworks were going off, but this wasn't what they were concerned with. Instead, far off movement caught their attention. The cause of this movement was the same monster from the night before at the hospital, but much, much bigger.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

As quickly as they could, they all worked together to prepare for a fight. Jonathan and Nancy remained outside to get weapons while the kids went inside, shutting all of the doors and placing furniture in front of the windows so that nothing could see in and they couldn't see out. When the older teens came back inside, they moved the couch and stood it up on its side in front of the door. With this, they were finished.