Harry held him tighter, "oh, Lou," he placed a kiss on Louis' forehead, "I've never wanted anything like I want you,"

Louis felt it. He believed the words even though he never thought he could. Harry wanted this. He wanted them and Louis had taken his time getting there, but Harry hadn't wavered and there was something beautiful about that fact. For his entire life Louis was reminded that he didn't really belong and maybe he never had, but this was different. He'd been born into a family that didn't want him and he'd been surrounded by people who had thrived on taking advantage of his weaknesses. Harry hadn't even wasted a second being like that. Instead of using him and destroying like Matt had from the first moment they'd met, he'd used his upper hand in life to lift Louis up.

Louis couldn't believe that this was happening. Couldn't believe that he was allowed to have this. Couldn't believe that the universe had finally taken pity on him for all the shit he'd been through. After so many years of being certain he'd never get this, that there was no point in even wishing he could have it, here he was, wrapped safely in Harry's arms and he didn't think there could possibly be a better place in the world.

He looked up at Harry and it was all a bit overwhelming. He hadn't known that their night was going to end here. He had no idea he was going to go for it. That shouldn't have been a surprise, though, because Louis was usually the last to know everything. The entire night, really, should have been a clear indication to him that he wasn't okay with what he and Harry were. Being his best friend wasn't enough. Maybe he should have known that all along, but in the same breath, it wasn't surprising that it would just all come to a head. That the feelings inside of him would boil over and completely catch him off guard and have him tugging harry to a quiet corner and throwing himself at him.

Thank God, thank Allah, thank Aphrodite and every other god that might have been responsible for Harry catching him. The world might have actually ended if he hadn't.

Louis could still hear the music pumping from the flat and people were still singing and talking and screaming and there was just too much going on. Louis needed silence. He needed to clear his head and figure out the right things to say to Harry. He needed to be far away from the chaotic party.

"Can we go somewhere quiet?" He mumbled into Harry's shoulder.

Harry pressed his lips to Louis' temple, "Marsha?"

Harry's voice was quiet and raspy and it sent shocks through Louis' body, setting a fire in his belly. Had Harry always been so positively desirable? Why did it feel like he was only just seeing everything for the first time?

"Marsha," Louis confirmed.

Harry pulled back then and Louis really looked at him for the first time since their kiss. Harry's eyes were foggy and his lips were a few shades pinker than they're been before. The most surprising part of all though, was that his gorgeous green eyes were glued to Louis like there wasn't a single thing in the world that he would rather have been looking at. Louis felt his heart lurch in his chest, trying to throw itself at Harry again. It was only a half a second of staring at each other before Harry's face broke into a dazzling grin and he reached out and captured Louis' hand in his. He tugged on it gently before pressing his lips to Louis' forehead.

Louis was about 98% certain that time had stopped. He and Harry were the only people left awake and they were roaming the earth alone and it was perfect. The world was silenced around them and the only thing that he could focus on, the only thing that mattered, was the press of Harry's lips against his forehead. The only thing that mattered was them because Louis finally got it. He was the last person on earth to clue in, but he had and now everything felt like he was looking through a haze. A haze that was brought on by the heat and intensity of Harry and his body's reaction to their closeness. Louis couldn't possibly think about anything else other than the feel of Harry's palm against his and their palms had been pressed together a million times before that, but this was different. This was him finally giving into the fire between them. This was him finally understanding why Harry meant so much to him.