Ya Allah, protect us. You are the Ultimate Protector, but you send help through humans sometimes, so please send the police soon. 

I began to recite Ayat-ul-Kursi and wished that I had done so on Zain. 

I glanced towards the door. No. I wasn't going to stay here like a useless damsel-in-distress. Zain was going to kill me, but it was better than him being hurt or worse. 

I went to the wardrobe and bent down to grab Zain's cricket bat from his cricket kit. It was pretty heavy and could possibly knock someone out. The only issue was that because of its weight, I wasn't sure if I could swing it high enough to hit someone in the face/head.

I put on my night-suit trousers and grabbed the bat before walking towards the door.

I had no idea what I was going to do, but I hated the idea of hiding while my husband and family were in danger. 

I opened the door of the hallway and peered out. It was quiet, too quiet. I stepped out, dragging the bat along with me. I ran down the hall, as fast as I could, and it was hilarious because with the bat it felt like I was running to make runs and avoid a run-out. 

Zain, please be okay. 

The idea of anything happening to him almost made my heart explode with fear. 

I made my way downstairs, but still, it was too quiet. I kept reciting Ayat-ul-Kursi. Those who Allah protects cannot be harmed. I reminded myself repeatedly. 

Suddenly, a hand covered my mouth while that person's other arm wrapped around my waist.

"This is her." I heard an unfamiliar whisper. "This is the girl who took Sana's place." 

"Take her." Another voice, more authoritative, ordered.

Zain, where are you?

"Mr Faisal will be pleased with us." 

Mr Faisal? Sana's dad?!

The useless bat slipped from my hand as the person holding me began to shove me towards the front door. 

I was squirming and trying to free myself, hating his filthy, non-mehram hands holding me. 

"Let go of her." A quiet, threatening voice made the intruders stop.

The next thing I knew, the guy holding me cried out in pain, and I was free. I shuddered and moved away from him as fast as possible and turned to see Zain and my parents-in-law. Zain had knocked the guy out with the bat that I'd brought downstairs.

"Tara!" Aunty gasped in horror, as the other guy reached for me.

Zain tossed the bat aside and rushed forward to step between me and the intruder, protectively. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He punched the guy straight in the jaw.

What kind of amateurs did Mr Faisal send?

"Tara, come here." Aunty called out to me and I rushed over to her and Uncle. Aunty held onto my arm. "Are you okay, dear?"

I nodded weakly.

At the right time, we saw the blue lights of the police car outside and I almost collapsed with relief.

It was over. Thank you, Allah!

****

Zain and Uncle explained everything to the police officers, as the two intruders were taken away. I told the police that they had mentioned that 'Mr Faisal will be pleased with' them, which led to us explaining to them the entire situation of how Sana was Zain's ex, etc.

Yours, Eternallyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें