3 | the rumors are true?

—

One would be wise to say that if it were not for the extravagant balls each family had the opportunity of hosting, finding a husband would be near to impossible.

Having just started the season, balls, teas and picnics were customary.

To start the day, my dear reader, we delve into the preparations for the Salisbury ball.

"What colour are you wearing?" Adam popped his head around the door to the morning room and saw both Eloise and Grecia.

Grecia looked up from the piano whilst Eloise closed her book.

"I don't know about your sister, my lord, but I'm wearing purple." Eloise grinned. "I'm thinking a green headrest, to scare off people with my horrible fashion sense."

Adam laughed and Grecia shook her head before replying to her brother. "My gown is silver, brother."

Adam nodded, "That is all, goodbye." He bowed and walked away.

"Why ever would he need that kind of information?" Eloise asked.

Grecia shrugged, "I have not a clue."

Eloise stood from where she was reclining on the couch, clutching her book tightly in her hand. "We have four hours till the ball. I should go, lest my mama starts to panic."

Grecia nodded and pulled Eloise into a hug, "Please tell me you're not actually going to wear green with purple."

Eloise grinned, "If worn right, it will look very fetching. But no, maybe for tea?"

Grecia laughed and watched as Eloise left before she too left the morning room for her bedroom. The Salisbury ball, was, like every other ball, extravagant and over the top. Which means that the dress she would wear that night was also extravagant.

"My, you look, beautiful." Ophelia, her mother, sighed as she walked into Grecia's room.

"Thank you mama." She blushed.

"What will it be ma'am, the sapphires or the pearls?" Grecia's lady maid, Poppy, asked.

"The sapphires, definitely." Ophelia replied. "You are going to shine tonight, my love."

Grecia smiled, "I hope so."

"Especially since you seem to have caught the attention of two certain Bridgertons." Ophelias eyes sparkled with joy. "I must say, you and Anthony look like a lovely pair together."

Grecia frowned, "That dance was out of courtesy, I highly doubt anything will come of it."

Ophelia exhaled softly, "Darling, I am well aware of what transpired between the two of you after his father passed, but you two were such great friends. Surely there is an inkling of friendship left?"