Chapter twenty one - smiling again

Buckys POV:

"Steve you don't understand, what happens if she goes back into her room and doesn't come out again?"

"Y/n is different now, your relationship is different now. Your engaged for heck's sake. Every couple argue but they make up all the time and I mean if you guys already got through what you have in the past then this shouldn't affect anything"

"Yes I guess, I just love her so much. Maybe I will get her some flowers on the way back to say sorry"

"Yh good idea, anyway we are here. Let's go talk to fury so we can get back as quick as possible"

I just nodded and smiled , it was going to be hard concentrating on fury when all I could think about was y/n.

Y/n's POV:

I finally left the window, wiped my tears and went to go speak to Sam Nat and Wanda who were all playing this game called mortal kombat.

"Hey guys, I need some advice"

"Just..give me...one secon...I BEAT YOU SAM HAHAHAHA WAIT TILL ROGERS HEARS ABOUT THIS!" Nat was very competitive, as you can tell.

"Oh shut up romanoff, I'm still caps sexiest friend"
Nat , wanda and me all rolled our eyes.

"So y/n , I'm guessing you need advice on Bucky? I didn't mean to read your mind but I walked past the door and well, your shouting was a little loud" Wanda probably read my thoughts and knew that when I shouted at Bucky , I said some things I didn't mean. "That's correct, I know that you said some things you didn't mean but Bucky also feels terrible for scaring you"

"I shouted first , it was my fault. I want to make it up to him"

"From when I've went inside his head before, he likes sentimental things. Getting him a little gift would be a good surprise for when he gets back"

I went and sat with the three of them on the sofa, making us all squished together. "Right then, let's do some online shopping"

After looking for an hour, we finally found the perfect gift for Bucky.

Bucky had now learnt how to drive a modern car so this would be perfect for his car keys

"Small but effective , I like it" Nat then looked very concentrated "me and Steve need some sort of nick name so I can get him a gift like that"

"It just comes naturally and once you think of a cute name that at first he finds super embarrassing, he will learn to love it"

"That's true, alright we'll pay for extra delivery so it comes within the next hour. Tony won't mind if you use his money"

"I will pay for the extra delivery but I want to get him this gift myself , Tony has paid for enough and it means more when it's actually from me"

"You girls are so soppy, I can't believe I am finding this cute right now , especially when it's Barnes your talking about" Sam liked Bucky really, he just couldn't admit it.

"Alright I will leave you guys to keep playing your game but thanks for the help. I'm going to go put some makeup so I look alive when Bucky is back"

"Alright we love you!" They all shouted

"I love you all too"

I got to my room and put on a casual dress, nothing too fancy. Then I put some light makeup on to match my messy bun, but a on-purpose kind of messy.

Time flies by and his gift arrives, then an hour after that Friday tells me that Steve and Bucky are back. Suddenly my legs feel like jelly and my stomach is full of butterflies.

What if he doesn't want to make up after all the fall outs we've had?
Will he like my gift?
Does he still love after what I said?
Will he look at me in awe like he used to?

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door and a surprised Bucky walking up to me.
The reason he was surprised is because I had put rose petals everywhere like he did for me a while back and I had put a picture of us in a frame which for some reason we hadn't done before, and put it on the desk in my room. He was also looking at me with hungry eyes, I think he missed me as much as I missed him.

"Hey look I'm sorry"

We said this in sync, which made us both laugh a little.

"You go first doll"

"Okay look , I lied to you when I said I didn't need you because I do and I'm sorry for being mad at you when you were just worried. You don't scare me at all but with my past , especially with my parents, abuse was quite frequent. You made me realise what love is and I just...I don't know what I would do without you Bucky bear" I hardly breathed while saying this so I was breathing heavily after what felt like a very long sentence with no gaps.

"Don't be sorry, I shouldn't of raised my voice and I know what you were saying was just in the moment and the impulsive thing that just slipped out. I shouldn't act like you need protecting all the time because you don't but I just don't want to lose you, not again, not ever. I also got you these flowers to say sorry" he passes me a massive bunch of flowers (that he hid terribly behind his back) which had roses, tulips and all sorts of different flowers ranging from all different pastel colours and whites.

"You really didn't have to! Thankyou so so much they are gorgeous Bucky!" I took the flowers , layed them carefully on the bed then ran up to him and gave him a massive hug and kissed all his cheek, neck and chin before making my way to his lips.

"Your welcome, I can tell you missed me" he couldn't stop smiling.

"Oh that reminds me! I got you a gift aswell"

I pull out a velvet square box and give it to him. "It's nothing much but something to remind you of me"

As he opened it, his smile grew wider , especially when he read what it said. "This is the most adorable and amazing present I've ever received , Thankyou . I love you so so much!"

"I love you so much" I replied, before giving him the most passionate kiss yet.

"Also can I just say, you look stunning right now" he mumbles as he kissed down my neck.

"You look very handsome although ... you stink of sweat . Mr Barnes go have a shower right now"

"Hey! Fury makes me nervous" he looked up at me. "I will only shower if you join me"

"Fine , you can't leave me for five minutes can you"

"Nope apparently not"

We both nearly ripped our clothes as we threw them off and got into the shower. The water was hot while me and Bucky started to wash each others bodies - which lead to a lot of giggling and soap everywhere.

It was small and light kisses for a while until it turned into a messy but very pleasurable shower sex.

After we both finished and cleaned up, we sat and watched a film together while he played with my hair. I can't believe I'm going to marry this man.