Chapter 39 - The Third Task

Start from the beginning

"What do you think a surprise means, Ronald?" I said sarcastically and everyone chuckled.

"Now, if you all don't mind, I would like to steal my girlfriend for the night?" Cedric asked coming over to our table and placing a hand on my shoulders.

"All yours, Diggory!" the twins said in unison. I stood up and we went out of the hall, hand in hand.

We sat in the courtyard and he was staring at me.

"What?" I asked as I pulled his cheeks lightly.

"Nothing just admiring the prettiest girl, I can now, call my girlfriend" he said cheekily. I giggled and pecked him on the lips. I was about to pull away, when he cupped my face and continued kissing. I didn't mind the PDA, because almost everyone was still at dinner.

He pulled away, our foreheads still touching, he stared into my eyes and said, "You are so beautiful, you make me so happy, happy than I ever thought I could be" I smiled and blushed.

"I think, I'm in lo-" he was cut off by Mione clearing her throat. We both sat up straight and looked at Hermione.

"Ahem, sorry to interrupt. Erm, Liv, Professor Flitwick is looking for you" she said awkwardly, probably embarrassed that she had to ruin our moment.

I looked at Cedric and he smiled, "Of course, gorgeous. I'll rest before the last task" he said kindly.

"Oh, right. A surprise for you, tomorrow, the Great Hall, before the task, its nothing too personal, but I think you'll like it" I said standing up and walking to Hermione.

"See you before the last task, Diggory" I said shouting as I walked away from him.

"He was gonna tell-" Hermione asked but I answered before she could complete, "Yes"

"And were you-"

I sighed and said, "I don't know, Mione. I mean it has been a few months since we started dating. I think it's too soon" I said again before she could complete.

She sighed and I asked, "Now, where is Professor Flitwick?"

"In the music room" she replied and left for the night.

I went to the music room and the choir and Professor Flitwick were waiting for me. He wanted to listen to our practice once.

We started singing, all of us, effortlessly. He clapped his hands and said, "Perfect!"

We left and I went to my common room. Harry was sitting near the fireplace. It was after curfew, so no one was there, just me and him. I sat next to him and he looked at me and sighed.

"What is it, Harry? You seem worried" I asked him placing a hand on his back.

"Nothing, just these dreams and Snape said something about Polyjuice potion and the last task is tomorrow" he replied while staring at the fireplace.

"Harry, everything will be fine. Don't worry. You weren't sorted in Gryffindor for nothing. And about the dreams, they're just dreams, don't think too much into it" I said kindly.

"Let me in you on a secret, ever since you mentioned your nightmares, my hand has been paining too, since the Quidditch Tournament. But I am used to the pain now, by not thinking into it too much. So just relax, take a deep breath and go to sleep" I said as I offered him a hand to stand up.

He hugged me and said, "Thank you, Liv. I know they're just words of encouragement, but coming from you, means a lot. I seriously don't know what I'd do without you"

I smiled and hugged him back, "Now sleep" I ordered and he went the dorm.

Hermione and Ginny were already asleep. I changed into my nightgown and went to bed. Sleep quickly took over me.