"Shut the fuck up traitor!" George exclaimed sharply. "Bear in mind that you live here and your little knight won't always be around for you to hide behind."

"Are you threatening him?" I asked.

"What if I fucking am. What the hell can you do, bastard?" He jabbed, a small smirk on his lips.

I pulled in a breath and licked my lips. "Listen to me, the last thing I want is trouble so I'll only say this once, disregard all plans you had to bury my father here because it isn't going to happen."

"Who the fu"ck do you think you are, bastard! Get the fu'Ck out!" George rasped as he bounded from his chair, standing in front of me.

"You don't want to find out," I said, fingers folded into fists at my side. We were face to face, body mere inches away from each other and every second of looking at him made me feel angrier than ever.

He shoved me in the chest and I stumbled backwards but quickly regained my balance, simultaneously swinging my fist at him. It firmly landed across his jaw and he fell back, holding his busted mouth. A curse rang out and a revenge crazed Danny got up and charged towards me. He threw his fist at me but I blocked it with my arm and pushed him with the full impact of my body. He stumbled over a chair and fell to the ground, trying to quickly scramble to his feet.

"Get out now!" Diane roared but I wasn't ready. Danny came at me again, my distraction causing him to punch me squarely across the jaw. The metallic taste of blood consumed my tastebuds and my anger rose tenfold.

I grabbed him by the collar, trapping him for the inevitable blow he would receive, and true to my word I punched him again, releasing him from my hold where he fell to the ground. But I was raging with anger and wanted a means of extraction and so I poured it out all on him, punching him several times in the face as he laid flat on the floor, defenceless and now bloody.

I felt myself being torn off him and later realised that I was being pulled away my Spencer and Dylan who demanded that I stopped. Through my fit of rage, I saw Diane spewing words I couldn't make out while she attended to her son who was curled up on the floor weak and immobile.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Spencer exclaimed with a hysterical look on his face.

"Ian, what was that?" Dylan asked, his green eyes wide with shock.

I swallowed and raked my fingers through my hair. I huffed out a breath and looked at them both. "I've gotta go." I said as I walked towards my car and got in.

I closed my eyes trying to calm myself, my heart was beating rapidly and my hands were shaking. I drew in a deep breath and then released, trying to get ahold of my anger. When I calmed myself I drove home thinking I had lost my temper for the first time in a long time.

Shit!

The aim hadn't been to lose my anger but every moment of standing there and seeing the smug, entitled looks on their faces, ticked something in me. They didn't care about my father – they cared about the attention they got from his name and I'll be damned if the wishes he made on his death bed weren't fulfilled.

I didn't know how how as yet but I hoped I had knocked some sense into them – literally. There was no way I could allow them to win. No fuçking way in hell.

***

I parked in the parking lot of The Sterling and immediately received a text from Dylan.

Hey, Spencer convinced them not to call the police but Danny and George are raging about taking you down. Be careful. Good night.

Mustering a sigh, I peered at my lips in the mirror, staring at the tiny cut located on my lower lip. My knuckles were slightly bruised but somehow I had managed to calm down.

I got out of the car and noticed a familiar car that parked ahead as well. Before my brain could wonder, my eyes came to a conclusion as Vanessa stepped out. I froze, contemplating on whether or not I should approach in my ragged state. I wanted to go over and say hi but I looked like a mad man and twenty minutes ago maybe she would have thought I was.

But there was no backing out, she glanced my way and our eyes met. I smiled, she smiled back. I licked my lips and approached her, hoping I didn't look as dishevelled as I felt.

"Hey," I said, my senses caught by her flowery smell.

She was smiling but it slightly fell when I took a keener note of her appearance.

"What happened, are you ok?"

"Yeah I er – nothing to worry about, really."

She still had that look of scepticism on her face and I was able to confirm I was either a bad liar or she was just too good at reading people. I conceded, not wanting to give her any reasons to not trust me. And although this was a private and controversial matter, Vanessa was good to talk to.

"How about you come up for a drink and I'll tell you all about it," I smiled. There was a look of indecision in her eyes – a bit of hesitance – but she cleared her throat and nodded.

"Okay. I'm just gonna head over and put these down," she said indicating at the bags in her hand.

"Yeah sure, I'll tell front desk to expect you," I said as I walked to my apartment with a smile on my face.

Author's note:

Hey guys, I hope you are all doing good.
Please let me know your thoughts on this chapter; I will try to update another soon. ❤️
Xoxo
Juju