training.

After that dinner we all had, it was time for bed and all us girls got changed and went to sleep. The night went well, it was a good sleep. Thankfully.

When I woke up, I immediately got dressed and went to the mess hall for breakfast. I wasn't really familiar with anyone yet, I had barely made friends. I look around the room analysing it, and deciding where I would sit. The captain and commanders sat together while eating and enjoying breakfast. 

I headed over to a table with Mikasa, Eren, Armin, Sasha and Jean. They were really the only ones I could remember, so why not sit with them.

I awkwardly got my tray and food sitting next to Armin. They all greeted me which was nice, I gave them a wave and a good hello back. It was all casual eating but the Sasha girl seemed kind of crazy. Crazy about food, that is. She had already finished hers and pleaded the others for food and couldn't stand watching them eat in front of her. 

Right after breakfast, we had training. Hand to hand combat. I didn't really like the sound of it, I thought it'll look embarrassing if people just watch me fight someone with my fists. I'd probably lose anyway.

We got to the field where we will be performing our training with our fists, we were able to choose our partners too. I wanted to go for someone I really didn't see as strong, I didn't want to lose in an open area.. but I didn't know who to go for. I haven't seen anyone fight before, so I had no idea what to pick. instead of me picking someone, someone chose me. 

It was Mikasa. 

I knew she was strong, you can just sense it. Looking at her hoping you don't say anything wrong that makes you two fight, you know you'd lose. 

"Would you like to be my partner for combat?" Mikasa asks. 

"I- uh.. yea sure" I say as I hesitantly smile at her.

We both got into a fighting stance, getting ready to fight. 

Mikasa suddenly charges which makes you freeze for a second, she goes into a hit and surprisingly you avoid it. You bob down, hitting her feet with yours, in hoping to make her fall and she did. She tried to get back up but you went on top of her first. She grunted. You were so proud of yourself and you were smiling like crazy. But you didn't even use your fists, and when you would, you would probably be hopeless and lose. This was probably just a one time thing. 

You saw other people were surprised by how you took Mikasa down and you really didn't like some of the attention you were getting from it. And there it is. 

"Another round". Mikasa said.

This made you scared. You know you would lose and you would feel so ashamed. But you agreed for some reason and got into the same stance you did before. 

This time, you were the first to charge. Hitting her in the face. It wasn't a big impact but it still did something. 

𝗶𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘀 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗯𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗯𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸.

You walked away, having a stupid ass grin on your face. You felt so powerful then. Eren came up to you and said 

"Wow, y/n, that was really impressive of you. I am surprised you are able to beat Mikasa. I mean, no offence or anything but.. you know, right?"

Mikasa also came up, she shook your hand and smiled at you. You really liked her. 

You turn to Eren and nod. "Thank you" you reply. "Oh and also, Mikasa, thank you for being my partner, you helped me learn a few skills. It was nice"

"No problem, I will beat you next time though" She said jokingly and smiled again.

Everybody was called at the centre of the field, Erwin said that Levi will choose someone to be his partner for hand to hand combat. I looked around, everybody was scared shitless. I mean, I was too. He is humanity's strongest soldier, what was the point.. everybody knew he would win. 

Captain Levi skimmed through the crowd and chose someone. 

"Eren Jaeger". Now, This is exciting. 

I wonder how Mikasa would react to Levi beating up Eren's ass. I knew she was protective. 

Eren nervously got up without complaining and got into a stance, so did Levi. 

Levi smirked and charged. 

𝗬𝗲𝘀, 𝗟𝗲𝘃𝗶 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝘂𝗽 𝗘𝗿𝗲𝗻'𝘀 𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗸𝗮𝘀𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗽𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁.

That was the end of training, Eren looked bummed. 

I went into my room to have some free time before dinner. Looking back at when I beat Mikasa. Only if I could feel cool like that all the time. But I'm not that strong.. am I? Maybe I'm just doubting myself. I mean, I beat Mikasa twice.

It was time for dinner and I head to dinner in the Mess Hall. I sit at the same table I did for breakfast. 

"How was training today guys?" I ask the whole table. 

"It was alright", Armin said while having a pure smile on his face.

"Good.." Mikasa said.

"It was okay I guess, but I lost. I need more food for energy. So, can I have your guys' food pleaaaaaseeeeeee?" Sasha begged with puppy dog eyes. We all rolled our eyes at her not responding. 

"It was.. alright" Eren spoke up.

"Oh, how was fighting Captain Levi?" I ask him.

"I knew he was totally going to beat my ass, out of all the people why did he choose me??" Eren said looking disappointed. 

"You probably stood out." Mikasa said.

"Yea, I guess so." I added. 

We all ate our dinner and went to our beds. I stayed up staring outside for a while then drifting off asleep as I do so. Not knowing what tomorrow holds.

hello guys, sorry if I change perspectives all the time I don't really know if I do. And I apologise if anyone is OOC.. this is my first book using characters I DO NOT own. I promise there will be more Levi shenanigans, I just need a build up I guess. im not good at writing.