Part 8

I stepped timidly into the handsome office and bit my lip as I stared at the Headmaster who was sitting behind his desk writing something. I looked round and saw lots of portraits containing elderly witches and wizards most of them were sleeping…

‘Go on’ dad pushed me forward ‘you have met Dumbledore before…why so shy?’

‘Because’ Dumbledore answered for me ‘this is my domain’ he smiled at me before standing and walking over to greet me ‘good evening Lilliana’ he nodded at me and then looked up at my dad ‘Severus’

‘You know why we are here Albus’

‘So it seems’ he surveyed me thoughtfully for a moment ‘Lilly, you are truly wondrous’

I blushed and took a step back ‘why?’ I squeaked

‘You are nothing like anything I have come across’ he smiled ‘you are a Malfoy but you were raised as a Snape, both families were in Slytherin but you my dear were placed in Gryffindor but now it seems that the hat is a little unsure…which is why your uniform keeps changing’

‘Uhm’ I shifted my feet nervously not really understanding

‘It seems that you have a decision to make’

‘Can’t I just stay where I am?’ I whispered ‘I like where I am…’

‘You have a very rare opportunity Miss Snape’ He was positively beaming now ‘you can not only be in Slytherin or Gryffindor but you can be in both 

‘What?’ I said shocked and looked up at dad

Dad looked at me and then at Dumbledore ‘What?’ He sounded just as shocked as I felt

‘When Lilly is in the dungeons or attends potions in your classroom Severus or anywhere in the vicinity of the Slytherin common room her uniform will change to the Slytherin colours because you are head of Slytherin but when she is any where else she will stay in her own colours because Gryffindor is where she was placed’

I stared blankly at him ‘so I am in both houses?’

‘Yes’ he answered evidently pleased that I had grasped the concept quickly

‘But that’s…’

‘Not possible’ dad finished ‘this has never happened before’

‘Just because it has never happened, it doesn’t mean that it won’t’ Dumbledore’s bright eyes glinted in the light as he smiled

‘It seems that this child is just as interesting as Harry Potter’

I frowned, wondering whether or not I should be happy at that comment or offended…