Following the Memory

"Wait a memory? Like you remember something?!"

        "Something small, but yes."

        "What was it of?"

        "A guy... and a name." 

        "We should try to find him." I looked at her with plead. "Or... not." I began to walk away from her, but she was persistant. "Nex. You are the only one who has had a memory. The rest of us remember nothing. Don't you think we should at least find this guy. Maybe he can explain what happened or who you are."

        "If he's not already dead!" She fell silent, and for a moment I thought I won the arguement.

        "So that's it isn't it. You are afraid this guy you saw is dead. Well what if he isn't." Then... Then... Shoot. She's right. "I'm gonna tell the others you had a memory and see who wants to follow." I nodded as she left. I needed to focus.

                                                                                                ***

        I was sitting on the floor as the crowd of 9 others circled around Valentine. They have been arguing for about ten minutes now and I was beginning to get a headache. "ENOUGH!" All the arguements died down. "I had a memory! Is it a big deal? Yes and no. So far I'm the only one to have a memory out of all of us. So now you have a choice to make. Do you want to follow me and on our way possibly have a memory of your own, or Do you want to stay here and see what you find?" 

        Victor spoke up. "I'm following you." He walked over and stood behind me. Others began to walk behind me as well. All was left was a guy named Alex. "Alex... Come on." 

        "I don't know him. Why would I follow him?" 

        I put up my hand so Victor couldn't respond. "You don't know yourself. So, you have no one to follow according to that logic." He grew quite rapidly and stared at the floor. "Well you could come, but know this: if you stay here, you will be helplessly alone." I turned away and walked away, a path opening as I walked through the crowd behind me.

                                                                                    ***

        I laid sprawled out on the hospital bed that was my own. I should probably have more files about myself in the computer of the hospital. I don't care about them though. One memory is hard enough suspence already. Who was he? A friend? Closer than that? Was I gay and he was my partner? A fuck buddy? Maybe it was more innocent than that and he was a meer roomate? A best friend? I have no fucking idea. I have to calm the hell down before I explode. I'm tired of the amount of suspence in this whole senario. A guy walked in and I could smell cologne. How did he get some? 

        "Can I talk to you?" I looked at him as I sat up. "I...I had a memory too." Yay! I'm not the only freak (Half sarcasm) "My name is Ryder." I nodded waiting for him to go on, but of course he didn't. I patted the bed so he would come and sit and maybe speak. He sat, (as if he wasn't. I'm basically the leader for some odd reason.) but remained silent.

        "Soo... This memory." He blushed automatically. 

        "It's kind of embarassing to find out suddenly." I nodded. "It's best if I show you." I was about to question until his lips fell onto mine, which led to the painful ache in my head. An image of Ryder kissing me full on in the middle of a clearing popped in my mind, but the memory ended short as Ryder pulled away. "Yeah I'm just gonna go." I was about to stop him but he was already out the door. Soooo.... I'm Gay.