Chapter 5: The Break in

Me and Datura are on our way back home from my special spot. I can't believe I was letting this happen. I was falling in love with a girl I barely know, and I don't even know if she feels the same.

I look to the right to see Datura staring outside as we pass a couple of more houses till we get to mine.

"What's on your mind D?" I said and grabbed her hand.

"Huh? Oh nothing. " She says and quick moves hands from mine making me a bit sad.

I turn around and focus back on the road. Fuck. What if she doesn't want a title. I think I'm thinking about this to much, but what did that kiss mean to her and did she feel what I felt. All this thinking had my brain scramble as we pulled into the garage.

I turned off the car and got out.

"Hey about today-" I start to say when she cuts me off.

"Oh today was nice. It was nice spending time with you buddy." She smiles and pats my back.

What the fuck? Buddy?

"Do you always kiss your buddies?" I could keep my emotions from spilling out.

"Naru.... We can't... " She said looking down avoiding my gaze at all cost.

I walked over to her as she slowly backed up until she could anymore. She was against my car as I got closer and wrapped my hand around her waist. She I could smell a tint of strawberry coming from her. I put my face near her ear.

"We can't what? I know I'm not the only one who feels this."

I can't be. I know she feels it too.

She pushes me back a little to hard for my taste. I stumble back and trip over a tool box.

Ouch. What the hell.

"Bro what the hell... " I said getting back on my feet.

"Naru I'm sorry I didn't mean too!" She said and tries to help me up, but I slap her hand away.

"No Datura I understand clearly... I can take a hint for fuck sake."

"Naru I did mean to push you so hard I'm sorry"

"I don't care." Is all I said and I head back to my car.

"Where are you going?" She said worryingly.

"Out." I respond before roaring my car back to life.

The garage was already open so I drove off while taking out my phone. I was pissed. I figured this would happen. How did I get played in my own game!? Rule number one, never fall in love. It's that simple, and I wasn't about to start falling in love now.

As I stopped at a red light I flipped through my contacts. The only thing on my mind right now is that I need to release all this tension, when I came across a certain number. I called it and to my surprise she picked it up instantly.

"Hey it's been a while" I started.

"Yeah you never text me anymore"

"Sorry I've been busy"

"Well... If you're not busy right now... You wanna come over"

"Yeah I'll be there in 10 minutes baby"

"Alright I'll be waiting."

I hung up the phone and blasted my music. Catherine. We've been fuck buddies since that night I saved her at the club from that weirdo. I haven't seen her since Datura started living with us. I don't know why I stopped I don't know what I was expecting. I jammed out for the rest of the trip to her house.