008

____________________
Chapter 8!
Avoidance and Boyfriends
____________________

When Stella woke up on Monday morning, she did not wake up to the sound of her alarm like she usually did, instead she woke up to the sound of her younger sister screaming at her from downstairs.

"Stella! Wake up, we're going to be late for school!"

This caused Stella to bolt up, she picked up her phone and checked the time. It read 8:30. She quickly ran to put on her uniform, then not even bothering to put on any makeup like she usually did, she ran downstairs where her mother and younger sister, Sadie, were waiting.

"Did you forget to set your alarm or something?" Sadie joked.

Stella rolled her eyes, "Nah, I just didn't want to go to hell today." She replied sarcastically.

Sadie laughed as she swung her backpack over her shoulder and walked outside, Stella followed behind her and made a beeline for the passenger seat of the car.

It took little over 10 minutes to drive to school so luckily, Stella and Sadie still had five minutes to kill before going into class. Instead of going straight to her locker where she knew her friends would be hanging around, Stella decided to stay with Sadie.

"Hey, why aren't you going to meet up with Charlie, Alexa and Louis?" Sadie asked when she realised her sister was still standing behind her.

"Not really in the mood to talk." Stella said bluntly. Sadie just nodded her head and then went back to staring at her phone.

Once the bell had rung, Stella rushed to her locker grabbed her books for her next few classes and then ran to English class. Checking her watch as she reached the door, Stella sighed, she was 3 minutes late.

"Miss Cooke, you're late." Mrs Yaxley said, shaking her head at the girl who stood awkwardly at the door.

"Sorry, Mrs Yaxley." Stella replied before quickly rushing to her desk, she avoided eye contact with both Louis and Alexa who she knew were staring at her.

However, that didn't stop Alexa from turning to her and whispering, "I know you said you were going to hang out with Jessie today, but I didn't think you were going to avoid us."

"Can we just talk about this later, I kind of want to focus on the lesson right now." Stella gave Alexa a quick look which she knew Alexa would be able to interpret. Alexa nodded and then turned to face Mrs Yaxley again.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Stella let out a sigh of relief when the bell rang for lunch time, she'd been staring at the clock for the past hour, just waiting for the bell to go.

She quickly packed up her desk and ran over to her locker. Jessie had promised her that he would meet her there. After almost five minutes of waiting, she saw Jessie sprinting from around the corner, he looked seriously out of breath.

"You're late." Stella spoke, looking her boyfriend dead in the eyes with no emotion on her face.

"Sorry, Mr Harris kept us in late. Some kids were messing around."

"Right, okay. Are you going to introduce me to your friends now or?"

"Yes, of course! Let's go!" Jessie exclaimed, grabbing onto Stella's hand and sprinting off again, dragging her behind him.

Once they reached the cafeteria, Stella scanned around for her group of friends. She hoped that they weren't in there. Stella didn't want Louis to see her with Jessie. Luckily, she didn't see a single one of her friends in the cafeteria.

"Come on, my friends are over there." Jessie said, pointing to a big group of people at a table in the corner of the room.

The amount of people at the table was extremely intimidating and the looks they gave Stella as she and Jessie approached them were even scarier.

After quickly introducing herself to the group, Stella took a seat next to Jessie and pulled out her phone. A DM notification from Alexa was the first thing she saw.