That was where everything was at an edge.

Normally, I would just tank the hits because she wasn't that strong compared to other women. But I had stopped taking my pills because I thought they weren't working like they were supposed to work.

Turns out, they were doing their job. And I regret this moment for the rest of my life.

I dropped my phone to the floor, grab her hand that held the large spoon she was about to use to hit me. My right hand put her hand that held the large spoon behind her back, securing the weapon.

I used my left hand to grab her other unarmed hand and wrapped it around her neck to try to knock her unconscious by using lack of air as my support.

"H-Hachiman! You're-You're chocking me!"

I kept this going for 10 seconds

Her desperate voice, followed with desperate attempts to gasp for air snapped me back to my senses.

I let go of her, while taking the large spoon off of her hands unconsciously.

When she finally had the chance to breathe, she used every second of it to inhale all the air she lost during those 10 seconds. Coughing, inhaling, gasping.

Those sounds reminded me the sound of a village being attacked and burned into smithereens. Villagers choking, coughing, inhaling the smoke caused by the fire.

I just almost killed my wife... and my baby...

What the hell is wrong with me?

There was only silence between us. After she calmed down, she begun to realize what she had just caused. She was finally caught up and realized once more how mentally unstable I was.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I-It's my fault we got into this situation."

She tried to grab my hand to comfort me.

She hasn't been this caring or affectionate to me in months. I would've finally be relieved that she was back for only those few seconds.

But considering what I had just done...

"Don't fucking touch me!"

My loud and firm voice made her recoil in shock, a bit of fear written in her eyes.

"I can't keep doing this... I can't keep doing this... I almost got you killed. I almost killed you, and the baby."

I almost killed my wife by choking her to death and killed my child by killing my wife. I'm a fucking lunatic! Why didn't I just take the goddamn pills!

"I'm going somewhere else. I can't stay here any longer. I don't know what I can do with these hands."

I've killed many people with these hands. And I almost killed the person I treasured the most.

I did my best to hide my tears.

I grabbed my coat, wallet, keys, everything that would keep me away from hurting my wife any longer.

"W-Wait. Where are you going?"

"Somewhere far enough so I don't hurt you."

She once again grabbed for my hands. This time, I didn't act violently towards her. I just ignored it, overpowering her effortlessly.

I had finally reached to the apartment door.

Now she was really desperate to keep me inside.

"Hachiman! Do not go! Don't go!"