Part 2 - Child

Proofread : Yes

Tommy flinched awake from his window slamming open. He rushed to close it to keep the warm air in, muttering curses under his breath. He closed the window and locked it, gazing out at the moonlit sky.

He sighed, as today he would be buying a coat and building his own home next to the village. The villagers seemed kind and welcoming, which was more than he could say for a certain someone. He knew Techno was just being protective, but it really irritated him.

He slipped his shoes on, and ate a golden apple from the stack he had stashed in his bag, wanting his absorption back. He slung his bag over his shoulder, and walked out of the room.

He made it to the lobby and set the key down on the front desk quietly, not wanting anyone to know he was leaving just yet. As he walked outside, he was hit with a burst of cold air, making him shudder. Closing the door, he made his way to the market place, where some early salesmen were already setting up shop. To his luck, one of the salesmen were selling fluffy coats, much like Techno's coat. He traded a few emeralds and bought a blue and white coat. In everything other than color, it was the same as his older brothers coat, which made him feel a sense of familiarity.

Once he was out of the marketplace, he did a recap on what he had. He had : 40 emeralds, a stack of steak, 37 gapples, an extra change of clothes, a set of netherite tools, and his coat. He had forgotten to grab his armor, but that's okay.

As Tommy was doing his recap, he had made it to the outskirts of the town. Time to start building.

.•° Time Skip Brought To You By A Moth Named Clementine °•.

Tommy had just finished building as he took a step back to admire his work. It was a small cabin, which resembled Technoblade's house in almost every way.

He smiled; for always being stressed over building, he was actually pretty proud of his little box-shaped cabin. He would have to go get rugs and sheets for his bed, but other than that, he was quite happy.

Tommy made his way back to the town marketplace, mind set on getting a soft rug and soft blankets. As he was thinking about what color he would want the theme of his house to be, he heard soft crying. Tommy looked around, searching for the cause of the noise when he spotted a basket with a blanket covering the top. He assumed that whatever was in there was the cause of the noise. He walked over and kneeled down to the basket, slowly lifting the blanket off. What he saw made his eyes widen. It was a small girl, no more than a month old, covered in a small blanket. He sat on his knees, forgetting about the cold snow under him, and scooped up the child, wrapping her up in the larger blanket that had covered the basket. The child calmed down when she was in his arms, and snuggled up to him, falling asleep quickly.

To be honest, Tommy had no idea what to do now. All he knew was how fast he already grew attached to the child, and that she was clearly abandoned. He held her in one arm, humming a song to her softly, while he picked up the basket in the other hand. Tommy held her close, already feeling protective over her, as he walked into the marketplace.

.•° Time Skip Brought To You By A Cat Named Atlas °•.

He had picked out a few red comforters, a few white pillows, a red rug, a crib, some smaller white blankets, a few bottles, a package of formula, a moth plush (that she had picked out), fairy lights, and two pacifiers. He made his way home, talking and trying out names, the child giggling all the while.

As he walked home, he got a few strange looks, but no one questioned him.

Tommy pushed through the door to his house, flicking on the lights and sitting on a couch he had made when he was making furniture. He had set down his bag that was holding what he had bought. He can worry about that later.

He rocked the baby back and forth, smiling. Tommy sang to the child, making her giggle and smile, reaching for his hand. She grabbed his hand, and hugged it, making his heart melt.

" Y'know, I think I'll call you Rosetta, or Rose for short. You like that name Rose? " He smiled at the baby. The baby just giggled softly, snuggling up to his chest.

" G'night, Rose. " He said softly, turning off the lights and laying in bed with her snuggled up to him, Rose yawning quietly.

He closed his eyes, vowing to keep Rose safe, whatever it takes.

Words : 826

An : I was hit with a wave of inspiration, and the last chapter was quite short, so here is another short chapter! I'll probably be making one more for today, so be prepared!