Candy Drop! Part 2

"Um.." The candy girl spoke. She didn't know what to do. "Please don't let this be a thing where nothing works.." She thought. Then an idea came to her mind. Grabbing the boy's hand once more, she ran out of the field of flowers and to the city.

She stopped at multiple places that she thought the boy would like. But yet nothing seemed to clear his negativity. "Maybe he's just a usually grumpy person?.." She thought, but thoughts continued to plague her mind. "Is there really nothing I can do to cheer him?.." Her mood began to drop. Then she began to laugh quietly to herself. Despair really is haunting.

Noticing her change in mood, the boy felt a bit bad. "She was just trying to make me feel better, maybe she's not that much of an annoyance." He thought as he grabbed her hand, a small blush coating his cheeks. "Gosh I hate this.." He thought. "You're such an idiot.." He spoke to her as she looked over at him in surprise. "Come on." He said to her once more as he began to drag her off.

Then the two arrived at a fair filled with rides and stands. First he dragged her to a cotton candy stand noting that she always has some type of sweets with her, paying he gave her the fluffy treat. "Here." He stated. A small blush coating her cheeks as she muttered "thanks." The two then went off to buy tickets to enjoy some rides, some more than others.

The final ride was the ferris wheel, the candy girl's mood better as she enjoyed the grumpy boy's company. Sitting in a cart the young girl was glad that he at least tried to make her feel better despite his mood. The boy just stared ahead and wasn't prepared when she felt lips against his cheek so suddenly. "Thank you." Was the only thing he heard as his face was covered in red. "Yeah, yeah, whatever.." He spoke but wasn't prepared for a smile that he couldn't help but smile back to. The girl then hugged him right on the spot and laughed. Finally, she at least got him to smile.