bennett ; a not so unlucky day

Start from the beginning

The boy looked over towards a nearby windmill, seeing Captain Kaeya salute him with two fingers before striding off towards the Knights of Favonius HQ. His hand slightly tightened it's grip around yours, sudden nervousness making him almost hesitate.

C'mon Bennett, you got this! No hesitating!

Before you knew it, he had dragged you to a patch of grass behind the Guild, where a picnic table had been set up with an array of sweets and snacks. 

"Surprise! Fischl told me the other day the adventure you guys went on didn't go exactly as planned because I was gone, so I decided to make it up to you! I, uh, hope you like it!" He said, his hand resting on the nape of his neck. 

You didn't even know what to say. Nobody had ever done such a grand gesture towards you before, so it felt surreal, especially since it was coming from Bennett. 

"I-! Um, thank you! You really didn't have to though!" You noticed that he was still holding onto your hand with a tight grip, though you weren't sure if it was intentional or not. Your opposite hand rested on your cheek, trying to hold yourself together and not completely fangirl right in front of him. 

The two of you sat down, and you inwardly groaned when he let go of your hand, a mumbled apology coming out his mouth accompanied by awkward coughing. A few moments went by before he spoke. 

"Well, dig in (Y/N)! It's all yours y'know!" You didn't even know where to start with everything. It seemed that he had put out all of your favorite desserts, and it looked like Razor helped him too by the look of the hashbrowns.

"Ah, okay!" You decided to start off with the Almond Tofu, because who doesn't love it? As soon as you put it in your mouth, the taste was like nothing you had ever had before, and you immediately turned to Bennett. 

"This! This is so good! How did you make it!?" 

"Oh, is it really that good? I had the Traveler help me with it, and I'll tell you, he is a master cook! I would never have expected it! Here, wait, try this!" You figured that he was just going to point out what to eat, but instead, he grabbed a forkful of cake and held it out to you. 

While he might have looked calm and cheery, he was inwardly freaking out. 

What if she thinks I'm weird!?  If this plan backfires on me I'm moving to Sumeru and I will never step foot in Mondstadt again. 

His heart was pounding as he saw a confused look on your face. The realization probably dawned on you after that, especially when one could plainly see the flushed look on your face as you realized. 

Hesitantly, you opened your mouth and ate the cake on the fork that he held out, chewing thoughtfully before your eyes widened at him. 

"BENNETT!!" 

"Uh, yeah...?"

"THIS IS SO GOOD!" The tips of his ears were burning red from the adorable look on your face, and he had to cover the bottom half of his face with his hand as he could feel the red get more and more intense. 

"(Y/N)!" You looked up from the cake that you were pigging out on, a look on your face like you had been caught doing something you shouldn't have. 

"Uhhhhhh...yeah?" You slowly started moving your forkful of cake towards your mouth as you waited for his answer. 

"Listen! I-! I really, really like you! A-And it's fine if you don't feel the same, I just wanted to tell you because I don't like keeping secrets from my friends and I think I made it awkward now so I'm just gonna-mmph!?"  Instead, you shoved the forkful of cake into his mouth, looking away with a furious blush on your face. 

"Just shut up okay! Of course, I like you too, why wouldn't I!? So, um!" He looked at you with an incredulous look in his eyes as he chewed the cake, but you just so happened to notice that there was some frosting on his lip. 

Yolo it bruh, don't be a coward. 

Leaning closer, you swiped your thumb across his lip, collecting the frosting and tasting it as your heart pounded. 

"Hmm...still tastes good!" Bennett didn't say anything, he just stared at you, and you started to get nervous and were about to apologize for your actions. 

Suddenly, his hand slipped behind your head, pulling you close, but he paused right before his lips could touch yours. 

"Um, can I kiss you?" (consent asking king, this is canon, he asks for consent)

"Y-Yeah!!" Not a moment later, he touched his lips to yours. It was a warm kiss, almost as if you were in front of a fireplace, and the way you gently moved his lips in sync with yours felt like you were home. 

When the two of you pulled away, you hesitantly leaned your head on his chest, and hearing his accelerated heartbeat made you giggle a little bit. 

"H-Hey, what's so funny?" 

"Oh, nothing Bennett...just very happy."

--

so if y'all couldn't tell I'm a sucker for cliche shit, so if you don't like cliche stuff then you're not gonna like this book lmao 

but I learned that my husband might not come out for over a year and I almost cried; this is the height of sadness. 

i have no idea if sumeru is based off of the middle east or India or both, but also another reason cyno is my husband is because i'm also indian, so i just feel a special connection, yknow ‼️‼️ 

neways, hope you guys enjoyed this oneshot, i haven't edited it so if there's major mistakes pls comment so i can fix them hehe 

have a good day/night guys!!