Chapter 10: The Ride To Bixby And The Creature

Dawn came, Walter takes the 3 friends into the stable to get his sattle horses and to Erica's surprise there was a third one, it was a female that was a beautiful black color. 

"Fair warning that black horse has problems trusting people

"Fair warning that black horse has problems trusting people." says Walter, Erica ignored him, she was drawn to the horse. She walked up to it very carefully and held out her hand the horse was hesitant but Erica gave it a soft smile meaning she meant it no harm. The horse soon rubbed against Erica's hand in acceptance the 3 men looked at the girl in shock, "How the hell did you do that?" asked Val. Erica Shrugged as Walter gives Erica a sattle to put on the horse, "My dad did say I have a way with animals." Erica answers.

A few minutes later,

Everyone was helping by cleaning and preparing the horses for the journey ahead as Val was cleaning one of the back hoofs of his horse. "Walter, they better be fast." says Val talking about the horses as he finishes cleaning his horse's back hoof. "We don't wanna be stuck on a couple of canners." They couldn't take much food with them cause it could slow them down so they pack maybe a few cans of food with 3 canteens of water, warm but light sleeping bags, and food for the horses. It's not much but hopefully, it will last them the ride to Bixby.

"Those snake things couldn't travel that fast." says Earl walking past him to get some weapons.

"Shot, for all you know, they could fly." Erica says feeding her horse some food before they left so they can save some of the food for them. Despite the horses are gonna run away and Earl's was gonna get killed by the Graboid, she plans on coming back out here to get the 2 alive horses and bring them back knowing they could die out there, but she's gonna give the dead one a proper burial cause they'd have no choice but leave it out there.

Earl comes over with Edgar's rifle and their colt and asks Val, "Here, what do you want? This colt or Edgar's old rifle?

"The Rifle." Answered Val, Earl gives him a look saying he wanted the rifle. Erica watched as the two played rock-paper-scissors with Mindy giggling, Val ends up winning calls he put rock while Earl put scissors. Val smirks at him and Earl gives him the rifle, "Hey Earl here's some Swiss Cheese and some bullets." says Walter giving Earl some packets of cheese and a 2 boxes of colt and rifle bullets. "Thanks Walter." Earl says as he Burt and Heather pull up in the car they get out with their guns. "You guys all set?" Burt asks

"We'll were ready as will ever be." answers Erica getting on her horse.

"Heather and l are gonna drive around. We'll see if we can find that college girl, tell her to get her ass back into town." says Burt.

"Good idea. We'll swing by the doctor's place and see if they went into Bixby or not." says Val as he got on his horse. Heather see the rifle that Val has, "Hey, wait a minute, guys. Y'all gonna have to take something that packs more of a punch than that 30-30, Why don't you take one of our Browning Autos?" says Heather, Earl gives her look before Heather has a better idea. "Or better than that, why don't you just take my Model 70? lt's .375 H&H mag." She gives it to Erica who looks at Val and Earl with a smirk, the two look back with glares cause she now has the better gun.