"Wait, next week?" Yangyang asked, finally able to register what that meant,

"Yeah, we can go see the DJ together!"

...

"So it's a date." Ten said, lying on his couch as he watched Yangyang pace back and forth.

"It is not a date." Yangyang said, narrowing his eyes at his friend. "We're just seeing this DJ perform together. As friends."

"But you're all nervous and you haven't stopped moving for the past half an hour." Ten pointed out as his attention shifted from Yangyang to his phone.

Ten wasn't wrong. Ever since his phone call with Xia had ended, Yangyang was hit by so many emotions and couldn't even tell them apart. He felt like a mess and honestly had no idea what to do.

"Whatever." Yangyang mumbled, finally sitting back down on the couch again, the movie they were watching long forgotten. He had other things to worry about, now that he had to prepare the night with Xia.

"Oh, guess what I just got?" Ten asked as he jolted up, taking Yangyang by surprise, a smile one his face.

"What?" Yangyang said, as Ten shoved his phone into his face.

"The police schedule! We can race again!"

...

"I can't believe how lucky you got for timing." Xiaojun told Xia as they sat there in the regular spots in the cafeteria, eating lunch together. Xia nodded her head in agreement.

"The world just loves me right now." Xia said, beaming with happiness. "Now that Kun-ge is gone for a week, I have the whole place to myself meaning that I can do whatever I want, and I'm going to go see the DJ this weekend with Yangyang and-"

"Wait, with Yangyang?" Xiaojun said, surprising Xia.

"Oh um. Yeah." Xia said, realizing that she didn't even bother asking her best friend if he wanted to go. "I think there's still tickets so you can come too."

Xiaojun waved his hand, shaking his head. "No, it's okay. I have work anyways so I can't. I'm just a little... concerned."

Now Xia was confused, tilting her head as she glanced at the male beside her. "Concerned? Why, I thought you liked him."

"I mean he's a nice guy, it's just that..." Xiaojun looked away and Xia was beginning to get frustrated.

"Yah, can't you just say it?" Xia asked, moving so she was back into Xiaojun's view.

Xiaojun glanced around, letting out a deep sigh before ruffling his hair. "I just think you should be careful with him."

Xia furrowed her eyebrows, still having a hard time understanding her best friend. "I don't get it."

"It's just that I don't think Yangyang is exactly who he appears to be on the outside." Xiaojun told her.

"And you realize that after meeting him once?" Xiaojun shook his head.

"It wasn't meeting him Xia. It was his car. You can tell a lot from people and their cars."

Xia bit her lip, having an idea of what Xiaojun was referring to. "But it wasn't his, it was his friend's."

"It doesn't matter, Xia. The amount of modifications on the car made it clear that the owner is a street racer. People don't do those modifications for fun, they're expensive. A regular college student also won't have the money to do that unless they were involved in something like street racing. I'm sorry Xia, but for someone like me who has been repairing cars for a while, I know a street racers car versus a normal one and Ten's car is not normal."

"Okay but that still doesn't mean you should judge Yangyang like that." Xia said, hoping Xiaojun would change his mind but he didn't.

"Xia, you said Yangyang caused the scratch on Ten's car. Do you think normal driving would cause something like that?" Xiaojun asked.

Xia bit her lip, trying to play dumb. "I still don't think you should assume things, Jun."

"Fine, you can ask him if you want, Xia, but I'm almost certain that Yangyang is a street racer."

———————————————————————————

Idk why im laughing at yangyang staring at hendery rn hehehehe