Days and nights of missing his face, his voice. The only way to get through it was searching for videos on the internet. Probably, Younghyun has seen every single video with Yonghoon in it, and maybe he has seen them more than twice. But he was needed for Yonghoon. He wanted to see him, talk to him. He was sure he liked Yonghoon more than “a little crush.” But he couldn’t do anything about it.

Damn, he even asked Oneus how Yonghoon was doing. Of course, he put an act on it. 

“How’s Onewe doing?” Younghyun had asked them after having them as a guest on Idol Radio. 

“Uhm, they’re doing great, I think,” the older of Oneus answered —Youngjo was his name, he was almost sure. 

“And Yonghoon?” he asked, trying to sound casual, and of course, he ruined his act just like that. 

Youngjo looked at him with a suspicious look. But said nothing else than: “He’s also doing great, he talked about their time on Idol Radio a lot,” he said with a grin and… a wink? With a polite goodbye, he went away with his bandmates. The answer had stayed in his mind a lot. What the hell had been that? Did Yonghoon talk about him?

And then of course, he saw a chance when he started his own radio. He begged for the staff to call Onewe to make the opening for the program. They insisted that they could use Day6 but as much as Younghyun wouldn’t mind it on a normal basis, this wasn’t normal. He had a chance to hear Yonghoon’s voice every single program, he needed that. Finally, he was able to convince the staff and they called RBW. He was very happy when he heard that they had accepted. 

Then, he became greedy. If they made the opening song, of course they had to invite them to promote the band, right? That’s what he said to the staff, and then they called RBW again. Younghyun felt he could fly from all the happiness invading his body. Being able to see Yonghoon in person again, even through the mask. It was okay. Everything was okay. He could act as normal as possible in front of the person he liked a little too much.

And finally, Onewe’s comeback was happening. Another excuse he told the staff to have Yonghoon close to him. Of course he was happy to see them all. They were a great band and if he was able to help with their promotions he was absolutely glad to do so. However, his feelings were blinding him a little—maybe too much. He was desperate for a chance to talk to him.

That program was the one that ruined his little act called “I’m not whipped for Yonghoon.” After all the kiss-sounds incident, he exchanged a little glance with Dongmyeong. He couldn’t see his whole face because of the mask, but the look in his eyes was enough to know that he was caught. He felt so exposed every time he wanted to look directly at Yonghoon. He could feel Dongmyeong staring. And he felt a little scared, because it wasn’t only him, he could also see the smile on Cya’s eyes. He knew it was a teasing smile. He could also notice Harin who was having a telepathic conversation with Dongmyeong and Younghyun was nervous that it could be about him. And finally, Kanghyun. He was the scariest among all of them. There was no teasing in his eyes. He was serious, analyzing everything. And Younghyun wasn’t stupid. He saw all the videos with Yonghoon in them, so he knew that fans shipped them. Of course that didn’t mean they were actually dating, but he felt a little threatened.

It was weird when the program was ending. They were taking a picture together. And he was slightly disappointed that Yonghoon wasn’t by his side to take that picture. But also, there was something else. Cya was by his side and Younghyun heard him murmur: “don’t worry, sunbaenim… he’s single,” which made him feel both confused and relieved… because he was talking about Yonghoon, right? He couldn’t hide a little blush creeping up to his face. He had really just exposed himself. And that wasn’t the weirdest thing. 

After taking the photos, Dongmyeong called his attention with a small sign. It was almost imperceptible, but Younghyun noticed and looked at him. Dongmyeong said nothing, but handed him a small paper. He opened discreetly and saw what it was. It had a phone number and below that it said in a rushed calligraphy:

“Yonghoon’s number. Please DO SOMETHING. He’ll say yes.”

Dongmyeong was watching him with a smile, it was a friendly smile. Younghyun could appreciate it more if he wasn’t getting all red again, trying not to scream because he felt a little too happy to have to act like nothing happened. 

And then Yonghoon was saying goodbye with a polite and shy bow. Younghyun wanted too much to hug him, kiss him, stop him so he couldn’t go. But all he could do was smile and hope that Yonghoon would notice that he wanted him to stay. Maybe it was what Dongmyeong and Cya said, but he even thought he saw the same look in Yonghoon’s eyes: he also wanted to stay. And that warmed Younghyun’s heart.

Watching the phone’s number, he decided that there was hope still. Apparently, he did have chances with Yonghoon and he wasn’t the one to miss them. 

That same night he used all his courage to send a message.

“Hi! this is Younghyun, I mean YoungK :)

Are you Yonghoon? Dongmyeong gave me your number. 

Hope you don’t mind ;)”

“Hi :) Yes, it’s Yonghoon. 

I don’t mind. 

I’m glad he did.”

***EXTRA***

Younghyun walked into the apartment he shared with the rest of Day6. There was nothing but silence, or that it seemed. He wasn’t aware of his surroundings, still too in his own world full of Yonghoon. He layed down on the sofa in the living room thinking about everything that had happened before, he was still too high from all the emotions he had to handle in a single day, that’s why he didn’t notice when his bandmates got in the living room with him.

“Hey, Younghyun-hyung,” Dowoon called and Younghyun was a little taken aback. He turned to see him and he didn’t like at all the little smirk on his face. He liked it even less when he did that . The kisses sound, that was he was doing and a blush crept from his body to his cheeks and then the whole face.

“What the f-” he said before almost running away to his bedroom as his bandmates laughed their lives off. 

Inside the room, he was getting ready to take a shower. Maybe it would calm him down a little and would stop being so affected by Yonghoon still.

He heard knocks on his door.

“Younghyun-hyung… Sorry! Open the door, please…” and as much as he was innocent and stupid, he did open the door. “Sorry, but we wanted to tell you something…” Of course, they had to.

They were just throwing flying kisses at him with that stupid sound that made him feel so ashamed. And they were laughing so loud that Younghyun just slammed the door in front of their teasing faces. They wouldn’t forget about that never in his life, he could feel it down his bones. 

•••

this is my first work of these two and i'm too happy that i wrote it!
of course this is dedicated to mimi ♡ i love u dudie uwu

i hope y'all liked it and blah blah jagskdbd
i appreciate it so much if you read this ff uwu

AND
i'll use this moment to say that if you want to follow me on my twitter you're very welcome hehet (@ _kimizennie)

thank you for reading and c you ♡