[20; tightly wound]

Start from the beginning

Katsuki grabbed you by the wrist, and you had to shuffle backwards to avoid being dragged along. "I—there's no way," you protested. "We can't go in there. Do you have any idea how expensive this brand is?"

The boy merely rolled his eyes. "So?"

"So?" you gaped. "I'm saying you could be dropping well over a hundred dollars here—easy. It's way out of either of our budgets. Let's just go somewhere else."

You moved to walk away, but Katsuki's ironclad grip held steadfast against your wrist. He narrowed his eyes in a way that was more so determined than anything else.

"You need to learn to relax, and stop worrying about other damn people all the time. Would it kill you to just think about yourself for once? I'm saying that I want to buy you this dress—I couldn't give less of a shit how expensive it is. If you find one you like, I'm getting it for you, end of story. Let's just go in and take a look. If you decide you wanna go to another place later, that's fine too, but stop worrying about me. I can afford to get you something nice every once in a while."

Your eyes widened. Yes, the two of you were soulmates, but he was already treating you as if you were his long-time girlfriend. Was Katsuki really the type to spoil someone like this? You definitely couldn't see it happening with anybody else.

He can actually be really, REALLY nice. I wouldn't have known...

Giving a slow bob of your head, you mumbled out a breathy "okay." Katsuki's brows unfolded just slightly, and he took to leading you along inside the store. His hand was still tightly clutched around your wrist, and honestly, you never wanted him to let go.

"Well, you're on your own from here," he muttered. "I don't know shit about fashion and all that crap, even though my damn mom won't shut the fuck up about it half the time."

"Oh. She's interested in fashion?"

"I guess. Both my shitty parents work in that industry."

You decided to gloss over the fact that he'd just called his parents "shitty" and smiled as you skimmed through the clothing racks. At some point, Katsuki had removed his hand from your skin; you were already missing the warmth of his fingertips, and actually had to hold back the urge to outright ask him to hold your hand again.

"Hmm," you hummed, eyes flickering up towards the blonde. "Well, since you're buying it for me, do you have any preference on what sort of dress you'd want to see me in? Like a favorite color or something...?"

"Didn't I just say that I don't know jack shit about any of this stuff?"

"Well yeah, but you must have a preference on what you think looks good."

Katsuki moved in turn with your frame, running his fingers over the fabric and clenching his jaw. He looked at a loss as to where even to begin.

He sighed. "I just don't know. Something tight, maybe? So then it shows your—" He stopped abruptly, a hand flying over his mouth at the realization of what he'd just been about to say. Not that it did much good, since you pretty much knew exactly where he was getting at.

"To show off what?" you smirked, in spite of how flustered you were. "My curves? My butt? My boo—"

"S-shut the fuck up already! This is why I didn't want to say shit!!"

Katsuki was steadily in the process of becoming the human embodiment of a tomato, and this just made you giggle even more. He really was, honest-to-god, adorable at times.