39.

The Mystery Gang fell to late nights and frequent phone calls until the report was pristine and holeless. There was no way Chan was going to allow a bigshot lawyer to find a minor plothole and let Sokju off scotch free.

    And Hyunjin was on that thought too.

    "Hey, Chan," he sings the moment he answers.

    "What do you want?" Chan pressed the phone against his shoulder as he continued to type.

    "Can you call Minho and Seungmin so they can do their half of this? I'm tired of scrolling through the 'Employee Mistreatment' section and seeing nothing."

    "Why can't you call them?"

    "They're avoiding my calls," Hyunjin whines.

    I'm about to be too, Chan thought.

    "Okay, I'll talk to them."

    He looks at his phone for a moment before calling Seungmin. Promptly, he answers.

    "Hello?"

    "Hey, Seungmin, it's Chan."

    "Yes, I could tell by the massive contact telling me who was calling. Whatcha need?" he could hear giggling in the background.

    "Have you talked to Minho lately?"

    More giggles, though louder.

    "No."

    "Are you sure? I can hear him laughing, Seungmin."

    "Aw. Caught me."

    "Look, I just need you and him to do your parts in this report, please. The faster we get this done, the quicker we can get back to work."

    "Okay. Is that all?"

    "Yeah. Wait, is there something going on with you and Minho? Like-"

    "Are you asking if we're dating?"

    Chan flinches, sitting up in bed quickly. "No, well, I mean, yes."

    "We're not, we just got closer after the acting bit we had. He's actually not that bad, you know?"

    Chan shakes his head. "Okay. Well, just do your work, okay?"

    "Yes, sir."

    He stares at the document for a while after hanging up. An infectious smile blossoms on his lips when he sees Jeongin's little icon appear online. It's a picture of him and Jeonghan with sunglasses, staring off into the distance. They looked like a satirical comedy duo. Adorable.

    He unlocks his phone again, opening Jeongin's text log.

    Bang Chan: Your profile picture is very cute.

    Then in the Mystery Gang group chat, he says:

    Bang Chan: I want this report done by Friday. Get to work, Minho and Seungmin.

    Back in his private messages with Jeongin.

    Yang Jeongin: Your duality scares me. But thank you. Can I spend the night?

    Chan beams at his phone as he types his obvious response.