vi. strike first.

Mulai dari awal

"I'm ready," Hunter said, breaking Miguel from his daze. She was in basketball shorts and a white baggy shirt, she had her backpack slung over one shoulder. Miguel smiled once his eyes met hers.

"Don't make fun of my attire, Diaz." She chuckled.

Miguel just smiled, shaking his head. "I would never." He chuckled before walking towards her front door.

"Bye, mommy, I'll see you later." She hummed, pressing a kiss to her mom's cheek before following Miguel out the door. The two walked in silence and oddly enough it wasn't awkward, more or less a comfortable one. The sun was just starting to set seeing as it was five-ish making the sky a bright yellow and pink color.

"I love sunsets." Hunter hummed.

Miguel looked up at the sky, the bright colors projecting on his tan skin. "It's pretty." He said softly.

"When I was younger I used to lay in the court outside my apartment and I would watch the clouds as the sky changed colors." The brunette smiled. Miguel watched as the clouds moved, the sound of Hunter's voice soothing him. "I normally went in after a few minutes because Johnny would always stumble home drunk. My mom was scared of him for a while." Hunter giggled. Miguel chuckled. "Not too shocked." He said, shaking his head.

The two rounded the corner to the strip mall, the Cobra Kai dojo slowly coming into view.
Hunter looked up at Miguel, his hair was a bit messy but she thought it made him look adorable. Hunter didn't understand the feeling she felt when she looked at Miguel. Her heart would start to race and her face would get hot. The only time she ever felt that way was when Riley would randomly grab her hand or kiss her. She didn't understand why she felt that way from just looking at the boy.

"So..." Hunter muttered, grabbing Miguel's attention. His eyes lingered on her as he waited for her to say something. The girl shifted in her spot, she didn't know why she started to talk. She didn't have anything particular on her mind, but for some odd reason, she felt like she needed to hear his voice.

"H-have you talked to Sam?" She said, clearing her throat as she mentally facepalmed herself.

Miguel smiled a bit. "I haven't actually." He muttered. "I don't know how to."

"Maybe you should ask Johnny." She suggested as her eyes trailed off to the flickering "open" sign in the Cobra Kai window. "That's a good idea, Hunter, thanks."

Even though she brought up the topic of Miguel's relationship with Samantha, it made her feel physically ill talking about it. It wasn't like she had feelings for Miguel, he was her best friend. But she couldn't deny the feeling she felt when he looked at her or when she would see him talking respectfully to her mom. She felt so warm and happy whenever she was near him.

Maybe Hunter did have feelings for Miguel.

Strong ones at that.

"Bow," Johnny instructed his students. Hunter obeyed her teacher's orders as she tried to keep her eyes on him but instead, they flickered over to Miguel.

"Fighting positions!" Johnny shouted. The teens that were scattered around the room took their stance as Johnny began to walk around the room. Hunter stared straight ahead and tried her best to ignore her surroundings but she couldn't help but sneak another peek at Miguel. Aisha took notice of her friend's actions, mentally making a note that she had to speak with her after class.

"Stabilize your base, Hawk. Keep your balance. Full rotation when you strike." Johnny instructed.

"Yes sensei," Eli said before giving a jab punch.