Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

"This year has been one unlike any other. We've got several new family members joining us this year, and a few who will be making their appearances next year" he nodded towards Lily and Hugo's cots that were placed beside the table, and towards Fleur's bulging pregnant belly, where the baby boy to be called Louis resided.

"Like any year, there have been some ups and downs, but I have to say, this year has been one of the best ones that I can remember," Arthur continued.

"You retired this year!" Someone called, and everyone laughed.

"Okay so maybe I am a bit partial to believing so," Arthur chuckled as well. "But I wanted to thank all of you for making it such a special year. Molly and I are so blessed to have such an amazing, tight-knit family that can make life so much sweeter! With that being said, dear, the food looks amazing as always- let's eat!"

Cheers echoed throughout the room, and Harry gave Ginny's hand a small squeeze under the table, the message that was unsaid remaining crystal clear.

Harry hadn't had a good family life growing up. He would remain at Hogwarts over Christmas break because he would rather spend Christmas alone at a place he considered home than with his relatives on Privet Drive. But now, like every year since he had begun dating Ginny, he was at a place he felt welcome and loved. It wasn't just her family anymore that had taken him in. It was his family, and he was eternally grateful for it.

Surprisingly, the rest of the meal went smoothly with no food fights, pranks, or angry children to be seen. By the time that the last plate was vanished from the table, everyone was near comatose based on how much they had eaten.

"Mollywobbles, you really outdid yourself this year," Arthur praised, giving his wife's cheek an adoring kiss. Molly's face flushed bright red with pride and the embarrassment of being called her nickname.

"Thank you, dear," she giggled giddily before turning to everyone. "Now, who's ready for presents?"

The children were the first ones out of the dining room and into the den where the tree was decorated and lit and presents were piled ceiling high. The adults ambled into the room at a painfully slow pace for their kid's taste.

"I have something for you later," Harry murmured to Ginny, giving her hand a squeeze.

"Is that right?" She raised an eyebrow at him curiously. "May I remind you that we already have three children and a dog?"

Harry let out a deep, hearty laugh. "Oh yes, I'm aware, and while I do enjoy that, I was referring to something else."

"Well then, Mr. Potter, I can't wait," she gave him a kiss before scurrying off to stop her boys from getting themselves into trouble.

As any Christmas gift giving ceremony with more than 20 family members would, the process took over four hours for everyone to receive and open their presents. By the end of it, it was dark outside, and, with the exception for Teddy and Victoire who were quietly playing with Teddy's new wizarding chess set, all of the children were fast asleep, scattered all about the room, laying on sofas, cushions, and mountains of wrapping paper.

"Mind if we slip away for a bit?" Harry asked, looking towards James and Albus who were curled up, sleeping on the floor, and Lily who was dozing in a near-sleeping Molly's arms.

"Lead the way," Ginny slipped her hand into her husbands, and let him guide her to the empty sunroom. He waved his wand, and soft, warm light filled the room.

"I wanted to give you your present," he told her gently, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small box, wrapped in forest green paper.

"I don't have yours here with me," she told him apologetically as he handed her the box.

"Our three beautiful children are here, and you're sitting here, now, with me. You've given me everything I've ever wanted, Gin. You've given me a family that I love with all of my heart. You've made me the happiest man alive. This gift pales in comparison to everything that you've ever given me."

Tears pricked at Ginny's eyes at his words, and she placed a hand on his cheek, leaning in and passionately kissing him.

"Open it," he whispered as they broke apart.

Carefully, Ginny tore open the paper, and opened the box. Inside, there was a ring with five different colored stones.

"They're birthstones. Each one represents the month each of us were born. Lily is this one, the dark blue. It's sapphire, for September. Albus is this purple one, alexandrite, for June. James is this turquoise one, aquamarine for March. You're August, so it's this light green one, peridot. And for mine, July, it's the red ruby. It's called a family ring, with all of them arranged youngest to oldest. It's goblin crafted, and I had them charm it to be like your mum's clock. If any of us are ever in trouble, the stone will glow to let you know."

Ginny stared at the ring, the stones set in silver glimmering in the light.

"Harry, it's beautiful," she breathed, throwing her arms around him. "Thank you."

"I love you Ginny. I'll always love you."

She kissed him again, leaning her forehead against his when they broke apart.

"I love you too. Forever and always."

THE END

*

(A/N: And that's a wrap on Lunar Eclipse! I know I came out of nowhere, having not worked on this fic in so long, and just randomly finished it, but I wasn't sure how else to go on so I decided to tie it up with a pretty bow! I hope you'll ignore the fact that I switched Albus' birthday to late June for this chapter, just so all the stones would be different lol! With that out of the way, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and thanks for sticking with me through this story! As it always feels when I finish a book, it's pretty bittersweet- it needed to be ended, but I've been working on it for so long that it's kind of sad! Anyway, Thank you for reading, and I hope to see you over my Romione fic, Igniting the Flames! Thanks again for all of your support and reviews on this story, it means a lot! Stay safe and healthy everyone!)