Chapter 37 - The Second Task

Start from the beginning

Thank you, Cedric.

Ron was half asleep, I wasn't talking to him that much after the Yule Ball, because he practically called me a slut for dancing with different guys. *eyeroll* I was sitting next to Harry, who was also half asleep on his book. I was waiting for Cedric, to help him with his charms essay.

"Harry, tell me again" Hermione demanded.

"Come seek us where our voices sound" Harry said lightly banging his chin on the book.

"The Black Lake, obviously" Hermione replied as she woke Ron up and handed him the egg.

"I hope I'm not disturbing anything. Ready, Liv?" Cedric entered the area where we were sitting.

"Erm..." I said looking at Hermione and then at Harry.

"We'll be fine" Hermione said smiling.

"Let's go" I said to Cedric and we sat at a different section of the library.

"Right, now, charms, is it?" I said as I took out Jarleth Hobarts' book of advanced spells from the shelf.

"Wow, advanced spells. You do really know everything, don't you?" Cedric said as he took out his quill and his parchment.

"Now, let's start with the 'Bird – conjuring' charm. Write – The Bird-conjuring charm also known as Avis is a spell that conjures a flock of birds..." I said and he wrote it on his parchment.

After an hour or so, of writing and playing around and joking, we completed the essay.

"Thank you so much, Liv. You have no idea how much I was worried about the essay. With the task coming up and The Yule Ball, I couldn't really focus" he said cupping my right cheek.

"It's quite alright, Ced. I am happy to help" I said and he smiled, but his expression quickly changed to a frown. I turned around in the direction he was looking and Draco was staring at us. What was he doing in a library? I asked to myself, but it was soon answered when Pansy came in from behind adjusting her robes. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Cedric.

"Just... ignore him. He's been on my nerves a lot lately" I said closing the book.

"Why don't you stand up to him?" he asked as he started to pack his things too.

"Because that's what he wants, a reaction out of me" I said and stood up.

"But, don't get upset, why did you dance with him on the day of the ball?" he asked furrowing his brows at me. I looked at him and sighed. Maybe it's time that he knows about the intruder, like I'm gonna confess my feelings soon or he might. He has to know, but I was scared, what if he looks at me differently, like what if he doesn't like me anymore? I was staring at his face for too long with a blank expression, so he stood up and waved his hands in front of me.

"Earth to Olivia" he said and I snapped out of my thoughts. I sighed and said, "I owe-" but before I could complete my sentence, Professor Snape emerged from behind the pile of books.

"Miss Middleton, sorry to break up the..." he said and looked at Cedric, who had a hand on my waist and then again at me. "Conversation" he said awkwardly.

"Yes, Professor?" I asked as I placed the book back on the shelf.

"Dumbledore would like to see you for a moment in his office, follow me if you will" he said and waved at the direction where we were to leave. I looked worried, what could be now? Was it Harry's dreams? Or something about my parents?

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. It's probably nothing" Cedric said, seeing my face and cupping my cheeks, which he did no matter the Snape was standing there and watching.