A Day for Silence

Começar do início

(A/N: Pretend the bottom part of the pants are in the shoes, and that there is a rip on the right knee)

From how the girl was looking at her phone and then to her surroundings, Shizuka could only deduce that she was new to the area and may have gotten lost. The mute approached the girl and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hm? What's up?" she asked.

"Are you lost?" Shizuka wrote to her.

"Not really. Just new to this part of Tokyo."

While slightly surprised that the girl didn't say anything about her muteness, Shizuka continued to write on her notepad. "Do you need help getting somewhere?"

"No. I have the map on my phone. Thanks anyway. Later." With that, the girl took her leave.

Shizuka stood conflicted. That was the first time someone declined her help. In fact, that was the first time someone didn't want her to help them. Not only that... but there was something familiar about that girl. But what?

Shizuka shook her head and continued making her way to the mall.

******

Once she had arrived at her destination, she saw Himari and Tsugumi there.

'Uehara-san? Hazawa-san?' she wondered. If it was any other person, they would call out to someone familiar to them. Unfortunately, Shizuka wasn't one of those people, and she only have Marina and PoPiPa's phone number. She could approach them, but all she was to them was a staff member of the live house they'll be performing for, an acquaintance. She wasn't sure if she should be seen overly familiar with them.

"Hm? Hey! Shizuka!" Shizuka heard a call for her and looked up to see the two Afterglow members waving at her. Taking it as a sign to approach, she returned the wave and walked over to the two. "What a crazy coincidence! Are you here to shop, too?" Himari asked.

The mute nodded in response and took out her notepad, turning the page to her shopping list, and showed it to the two Afterglow members.

"'Something for the room' and 'groceries'? That's kind of vague," Himari read.

"Groceries out of the way, what are you looking for for your room?" Tsugumi asked.

Shizuka simply shrugged her shoulders. Marina had only said she should get something to decorate her room, but the mute didn't know exactly what she should get.

"You don't know?" Himari questioned. "You don't know what to get for your room?"

"My room is looking bland. I want to look around to see if I can get something for it," Shizuka wrote. She couldn't tell them that Marina had told her to do the shopping; it could lead to questions she didn't want to answer.

"Oh! Then can we help?" Himari asked. "You see, we're here to shop for some things, too. We would love to help you out!"

Shizuka made some gestures to deny their help, especially as the mini live was soon, and she did not wish to interrupt whatever lessons the two will have later.