Chapter 7: Mt. Aozang

Start from the beginning

I slowly opened the window, Zhongli saw me and he gave me a warm smile. I was about to jump out of the window when Hu Tao turned her gaze on me and started to run towards me.

Childe looked at me with his eyes widen, " What are you doing?! " He yelled at me, I then immediately jumped out.

" NOOO!!!" I heard Hu Tao and Childe shouted, Zhongli immediately ran after me trying to catch me. I just chuckled and opened my wind glider, and started gliding towards Zhongli.

" Out of the way!!! " I yelled at Zhongli since I'm not yet really an expert at gliding and I barely passed the gliding exam, yet Zhongli ignored me.

I tightly shut my eyes and waited for the impact to happen, but I only felt arms wrapping my waist. I immediately opened my eyes to see myself caught in Zhongli's arms. He smiled at me and gently sat me down.

" You're like an angel that flew down from the heavens. " Zhongli said and it made me blush. I slightly pushed him away and hid my blushing, he then chuckled.

" WHATTTTTTTTT?! I WANNA DO THAT TOOOOO! " I heard Hu Tao yelling out from the window.

' Wow, I wasn't expecting it to be that high.' I thought to myself.

" Don't worry! I'll bring you to Mondstadt in the future, and we could get you one of these!" I told her and her eyes shined with excitement.

" Well, probably Mr. Zhongli wouldn't be catching you like that y'know, right Mr. Zhongli!? " Childe asked him Zhongli then chuckled.

" Hmm... She wouldn't be flying in the first place. " Zhongli told me, crossing his arms.

" WHAT ARE YOU MUTTERING YOU OLD— " Hu Tao yelled and was cut off by Childe closing the window. Zhongli just sighed while I chuckled.

" I never thought of you and her to be that close. " Zhongli said as we started walking and I just chuckled.

" Well, Beidou and I are drinking buddies, and Hu Tao really wanted to meet Beidou. Yet she never had the opportunity for it, because Beidou always goes sailing, while I'm always out of Liyue doing trading. So that's why." I explained to Zhongli.

" Drinking buddies... I see... " Zhongli said with a chuckle.

" Where are you taking me anyway? " I asked him.

" To Mt. Aozang. " Zhongli said and I slightly trembled.

" D-don't tell me were climbing? " I asked Zhongli.

" Hmm? I could carry you if you want. " Zhongli suggested.

" Ahh, no no no! It's fine, I can manage. " I told him.

~ Timeskip, while climbing at the mountain ~

" I'm... out of... stamina..." I told Zhongli while catching my breath.

" We're almost there. " Zhongli said.

" Are you really a god!? If I were you I would transform myself into that dragon-form of yours and fly instead! " I yelled complaining to him, he then laughed. Which made my eyes widen and made my heart skip a beat.

" Well, letting you climb the mountain alone wouldn't be a good thing to do, no? " Zhongli asked me with a chuckle.

" Well! You could at least let me ride on top of you!" I yelled at him again, he then stopped climbing, I stopped as well when I realized what I just said.

" Uh-Uhh... I see... " Zhongli said and resumed climbing.

" N-no! T-that's not what I meant! I mean on your back! On top of your back! " I embarrassingly told him. He then laughed again.

" What am I? A horse?" Zhongli said with a chuckle and I just wanted to slap myself. I wanted to look down and let go so I could fall off the mountain because of this shame.

" It's okay, no need to explain yourself. I understand. " Zhongli said

" We're here. " He said, grasping my wrist and pulled me up to help me.

" Zhongli. " I said with my eyes widen. I started enjoying the view and everything.

" Now, let's go down there. " Zhongli said and my jaw dropped.

" You made me climb all the way up here just to enjoy the view! And now you wanted to go do— "

Zhongli cut me off by carrying me and placed me on his shoulder.

" Don't carry me like this! I'm not a bag you know! I-I can glide down! " I complained and he just chuckled and placed me down.

" Let us glide together then." He said and I saw wings slowly forming on his back. I was about to jump when he caught my wrist.

" By together, I mean this... " He said pulling me closer and immediately placed his arm under my legs and his other supporting my back, just like how a groom carrying his bride.

I felt my face heating up again, " Hold on tight." Zhongli said and I just avoided eye contact.

" Don't be shy." He said with a chuckle. I groaned and gently wrapped my arms around his neck. I quickly glanced at him and he smiled, I immediately looked away, I was too embarrassed.